Unable to add satnav to MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

Unable to add satnav to MyDrive Connect

bluewatermanbluewaterman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited May 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Is there a problem at themoment, all I get when I try to add my new Satnav it says unable to do it at present try agaon

Answers

• bluewatermanbluewaterman Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan, tried shutting down myconnect and then restarting the PC ( restart, not shutdown start up) and still getting the same thing- failed to add the Start 52 to my account. Short of uninstalling myconnect and going back to square one, I'm not sure what to do next.
    Seems like a lot of other people are also having issues with this bit of software
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    @bluewaterman I can see that your device is already linked with the btinternet account. If you're getting the server busy error on MyDrive Connect, please follow the steps above suggested by YamFazMan (Re-installing the MyDrive Connect). Also, please make a factory reset on your device before reconnecting it to the PC. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @bluewaterman You may have updated/installed the maps and then updated the Navcore. It means that your maps is incompatible with the newer navcore. But anyways you may do a recovery procedure described in this video.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@bluewaterman

Above all, you do not follow the latest advice "Recovery Mode" :warning:

Because if you enter "Recovery Mode" without being able to connect to MyDrive Connect, your device will become a completely useless brick... :/

It's impossible to download a map before updating the NavCore...

Follow the advice of @YamFazMan and our official moderator TomTom @lampard .

Regards.
    @LAURE123 !
    It is possible to download MAPS before NAVCORE UPDATE. AND IF YOU ENTER RECOVERY MODE, YOUR DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO MYDRIVE. IF IT CAN'T, JUST HOLDING POWER BUTTON WILL RESET IT TO NORMAL MODE.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,428
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @bluewaterman
    Option... (1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    OR
    Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder

Option…(1) If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Press keys ‘Windows’ + ‘R’… To Open the ‘Run’ box
    (3)... Type into the ‘Run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM

Everybody, sorry, my first post was intended for an other thread. Oh and also, sorry @LAURE123
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    @xwintech

Take the time to read the questions and answers already given ...

1 / The main problem is precisely the impossibility to connect to MyDrive Connect ...

2 / The device concerned is a Nav4 and it's a new device.The update of the NavCore is mandatory in order to download a map.

As a reminder. And it's applicable for all:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/id/36

Oh... sorry then. Thanks for the info.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,428
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @xwintech
    It is possible to download MAPS before NAVCORE UPDATE. AND IF YOU ENTER RECOVERY MODE, YOUR DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO MYDRIVE. IF IT CAN'T, JUST HOLDING POWER BUTTON WILL RESET IT TO NORMAL MODE.
    That's not my experience of trying to activate Recovery Mode when an active connection to MyDrive Connect is not available....
    In my experience, once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MDC or the Server eventually times-out

ATB YFM
    Yea, I just said that it was intended for an other thread, but thanks anyway, though I can enter normal mode in my NAV3 device.