Lifetime maps on a rider 4GD00 purchase new 2017 — TomTom Community

Lifetime maps on a rider 4GD00 purchase new 2017

NigelBeanNigelBean Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
edited May 2019 in Map purchasing
In 2017 I purchased a new Rider premium 4GD sat nav with lifetime maps.
It now seems the lifetime maps have ended as I'm being prompted to pay for an upgrade.very unhappy.
online its saying its a 2015 device which isn't correct I have the receipt and at the time of buying I was replacing my rider 2 and paid more than the new 440!! I can't get support from the Tom Tom site as the model isn't listed. my ser no is K4xxxAxxxxx. any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,444
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @NigelBean

The Rider serial number Starting K4 is NOT End of life
    Enter 'K4' Here...
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB
    1olobnesupsb.jpg
    Does the device update using TomtomHome or MyDrive Connect ????

If it uses MyDrive Connect do you think you misread the serial number
    'KA' is one of the later NAV4 devices

ATB YFM
  • NigelBeanNigelBean Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    edited May 2019
    Hello, thank you for your reply and taking an interest - My Rider connects via Tom Tom home. Double checking the Model is 4GD00 and the serial number is KxxxxAxxxxx.
    I have had an email offering 20% off a new unit because mine is supposedly out of date, certainly when I connect to Tom Tom home this year to update the Map they all indicate a chargeable price. It is very disappointing to have bought a new unit in 2017 got a Map update in 2018 and now in 2019 finding the unit has reached the end of what Tom Tom call its Lifetime. My wifes Garmin in the car is much older but still getting the promised yearly map update. Is there any way I can let Tom Tom know my dissatisfaction please? Thanks again for your interest and help
    Thank you also for the link, having gone round in a circle and followed the "contact us" link. I had no luck with finding any way of getting in touch. The message I got after entering my serial says my unit will be impacted and offered a discounted unit again. If I do have to save to buy a new unit after only two years it is very unlikely to be another Tom Tom as I can't afford to get new every two years !
    Hi all,
    now this is really odd, after an email saying my device was obsolete and another saying I should BUY a new map, I now have an email saying my free map update is available?
    Not sure what is going on, but if someone here has done something to assist me I am appreciative of your help. ??Cheers