Speed Camera alerts on UK maps now BANNED! — TomTom Community

Speed Camera alerts on UK maps now BANNED!

VoobydoozVoobydooz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I've just had my Smart serviced at Mercedes Sheffield and mentioned to them that the speed camera function wasn't working and not showing up on maps. They informed me that TT has removed the function in the UK due to a new EU directive banning them. They said they have been inundated with complaints about the function not working after people updated their systems for the GPS fix. Mercedes had no knowledge about this as TT didn't let them know.

Anyone else been told this?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,822
    Superuser
    Hi @Voobydooz

I suggest they are misleading you as Tomtom are still providing Speed camera updates for their Standalone Units and are advertising the availability of Speed Camera info on their current new units as are their competitors.

If Mercedes have no knowledge of this matter on the basis that Tomtom have not told them how do Mercedes know it was the result of an EU Directive.

Doug
  • VoobydoozVoobydooz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Th
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Voobydooz

I suggest they are misleading you as Tomtom are still providing Speed camera updates for their Standalone Units and are advertising the availability of Speed Camera info on their current new units as are their competitors.

If Mercedes have no knowledge of this matter on the basis that Tomtom have not told them how do Mercedes know it was the result of an EU Directive.

Doug

Mercedes contacted TT.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Voobydooz

Speed Camera Warnings, are working just fine on all of my 8 various Tomtom Devices :)

w6d9grd0r34g.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,822
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Voobydooz

Ask Mercedes for the Tomtom contact they spoke too and the phone number they used..

I would also suggest that if they were told this they would ask for the EU directives details so that they could check it and pass it on to their head office for confirmation.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,053
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Voobydooz

Have you updated your Built-in Navigation system....

Every Tomtom device in the present Tomtom Line-up offers a 3 Months trial or Lifetime Speed Camera Warning....
    See... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/products/index.html

ATB YFM