Navcore Update

Kev33
Kev33 Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Traveler
I have a Tomtom Go50, keeps prompting me to install 3 updates, so i try to update it connects to my laptop through mydrive connect, the first update is Nav4, that updates with no problem, but it wont let me tick the boxes gto update Map share and Speed camers updates, it tells me i need to install Navcore update !! and i cant figure out how to do that.
Help please.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,050
    Superuser
    Hi @Kev33

Assume when you installed the Navcore the unit restarted. I would try a Soft Reset. ie Start the unit then when working hold the ON/OFF button down until you hear the drumroll sound. When it has restarted try again.

Doug
  • Kev33
    Master Traveler
    Will try that thanks,,excuse my ignorance, but is the Navcore update also called Nav4 ?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Kev33

When the recent Software (Navcore) update was released the MDC software offered it for download but would not let you select any of the other updates available until you had completed the Software update.

Doug
  • Kev33
    Master Traveler
    Thanks for your reply, it does install the Nav4 update, but wont let me update any more, as in my first post.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Kev33

Okay. Let us see if @VikramK can see anything blocking the updates from their end.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,321
    Hi @Kev33

The latest firmware version for your device is v18.203 and the current version on your device will is v18.202.

As I review the status of the download they are in the pending status.

The following could be the reason why the updates don't get installed.

-- Disconnecting the device during the downloads, thus it takes a long time to update.
    -- There is a connection issue and the internet keeps on dropping or you are using an unstable Wifi connection.
    -- There could be anti-virus or firewall that might be blocking the download.

Advise would be to keep the device connected till the updates fail or complete.

Using an alternate connection or computer might also help.

Thanks
    Vikram ;)
  • bigjd1210
    bigjd1210 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    done everything asked why the hee can i not update my tomtom
  • bvale
    bvale Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    I want to download Navcore updates
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,321
    Hi @bvale

Soft reset the device and connect it to MyDrive Connect.

The latest firmware will be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • Leeroy43
    Leeroy43 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Hi, I have a Tomtom6000 and i'm also having similar trouble.
    Plugged into computer for regular update and yet will not recognise device to connect but also says about navcore update.
    any help much appreciated.
  • EGO45642
    EGO45642 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    No comments