Live traffic — TomTom Community

Live traffic

Shifty_MufcShifty_Mufc Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Live traffic hasn't worked for a few days. Just says service unavailable. Tried resetting but still doesn't work. Any advice on how to fix this. Go professional 6200 Wi-Fi

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,242
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Shifty_Mufc

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • Shifty_MufcShifty_Mufc Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've tried that but still not working. The traffic tab says service unavailable and when I click on it for more info it says "we are having trouble accessing tomtom services please try later". Its been this way for 3 or 4 days now
  • iwestiwest Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi , I purchased a new device (5200) and I don`t have decent live traffic yet (it`s telling me of road works on the M65 constantly, yet there are none) my old device is fine?????????????????
    TT says they passed the info?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,726
    Superuser
    HI @Shifty_Mufc

If you are still having the Traffic problem then I would suggest a Factory Reset. Some else confirmed today it worked for them..

Firstly check that all your units MyPlaces (Favourites) Poi and Route files are stored in your account when you log in on:-

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

If they are all there then Charge your unit for about 2 hours or attach it to a mains charger if you have one.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device
    Tap Ok

You will now restore your unit back to the state it was in when you first got it out of the box except the Maps and Operating software will still be the latest you have downloaded.

All your Data ie Favourites (My Places) will be deleted as will all the POI and Route files you have loaded on to the GO 5200 from My Drive., also any settings you have changed. will be lost.

You now set the unit up again with Wifi and Account details and once it is up and running again the Data stored in you account in Mydrive will be synced back to the unit.

Hopefully now your traffic etc will be running as it should.

All the best

Doug

ps One little tip is when you do any Updates on the unit when you have finished you then do a Soft Reset as has been referred to before as this tidies things up .

• PempacatPempacat Posts: 8 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you for helpful input. My soft reset does not work....have backed up data but concerned that Live Services subscription will be lost in Factory Reset. Anybody know if this is the case and if so how to reset the subscription? The link from the purchase no longer works.