TomTom No GPS Signal 2019 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom No GPS Signal 2019

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Johnnykick

Welcome to the community!

A map has been activated on your account.

Connect the device to TomTom HOME and remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version.

Regards
    Vikram
  • MsBeaMsBea Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Sorry if this is the wrong section but I couldn't see where to ask. I recently got a 2nd hand Go Live 4ER41 Z1230 and it constantly says "waiting for a valid GPS signal" . Now I have another Tomtom in my car but this Live is for a work vehicle so I understand about finding signal etc etc but I can drive for an hour with this Go Live and it ALWAYS says "waiting for a valid GPS signal" when my other one has a signal and is working fine. It there a way to reset/reboot this Live one or is it broken?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hi @MsBea

Could you try the troubleshooting in my post above-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019

Under Nav3 device.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Filipp_1Filipp_1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a car brand renault laguna 3. The problem arose with the time of arrival at the end point. I attached a video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HHveGCph8fk
    I launch the navigation, enter the waypoint and follow the route.
    I arrived at a given point, or I just drove 5.10 or 15km, I can reset the route and try to enter a new point, confirm the route, and encounter a problem, the arrival time is not displayed. I attached a second video in which the error is visible.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=y--Kycr2thE
    How to solve this problem. I reinstalled everything on the SD card. The result remained unchanged. I checked my Navigatol number for the problem on April 6, the test was successful. Registration (serial) number = IA30 ********
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,121
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

You appear not to have a Satellite Lock, perhaps the device can't establish a GPS Base Time ???

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

You appear not to have a Satellite Lock, perhaps the device can't establish a GPS Base Time ???

ATB YFM

Tell me, how can I check this?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

1st Video....
    uyf1fid0n6j7.jpg

2nd Video....
    pkutj4mf47xj.jpg
    ATB YFM
    edited May 2019
    Hi @YFM Prompt, how can I fix this problem?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

Install the Latest Updates available for your device....

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

Install the Latest Updates available for your device....

ATB YFM

I have installed version 8.843. She is also the latest and version by. I still have fixgps installed.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

Probably better posting Here... Built in car navigation
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/built-in-car-navigation

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @Filipp_1

Probably better posting Here... Built in car navigation
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/built-in-car-navigation

ATB YFM

I first wrote to this section of the forum, but the administrator threw this topic
  • inafield1inafield1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have an ancient ONE 3rd Edition
    serial no Y75468B02350. Tom Tom say "You will still receive Quick GPS Fixes and MapShare updates and your device will do the same things it does right now" Well I am afraid it doesn't. I update mapfixes regularly but since WNRO I cant get reliable satellite fixes.Often nothing for the complete journey and long built road suddenly lost even with a good fix. I have seen the offer to replace this previously reliable device for a GO Premium X at £259 but that is beyond financial reach. I want to know will you be uploading a fix? I use my sat nav for deliveries on long established roads and it was great until 6/4/19. I truly believe I have sold 8 devices on behalf of Tom Tom over the last 10yrs as thought they were so good. So unless you are going to help people like myself without the mean to replace it looks like I have to pollute a landfill with my device and resort to google maps. I hope you can help me
  • max_zenigmax_zenig Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 2019
    trying to restore this piece of crap for 11 hours but it keeps losing connection to server. unable to login at main tomtom website "please try later". update software crashes also. live chatbot help on main site understands nothing even "i have a question" has no correct response. what a joke of a company

now i have a useless tomtom with a partial update and no maps

total crap
  • onefriday1onefriday1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 2019
    My Tom cannot pickup a satellite signal , what do I do?
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited May 2019
    inafield1 wrote: »
    I have an ancient ONE 3rd Edition
    serial no Y75468B02350. Tom Tom say "You will still receive Quick GPS Fixes and MapShare updates and your device will do the same things it does right now" Well I am afraid it doesn't. I update mapfixes regularly but since WNRO I cant get reliable satellite fixes.Often nothing for the complete journey and long built road suddenly lost even with a good fix. I have seen the offer to replace this previously reliable device for a GO Premium X at £259 but that is beyond financial reach. I want to know will you be uploading a fix? I use my sat nav for deliveries on long established roads and it was great until 6/4/19. I truly believe I have sold 8 devices on behalf of Tom Tom over the last 10yrs as thought they were so good. So unless you are going to help people like myself without the mean to replace it looks like I have to pollute a landfill with my device and resort to google maps. I hope you can help me

I am the same, same unit. One day it will work fine, although only managing to lock 4-5 satellites, then the next it will just completely lose the plot part way through a journey. A pin push reset often brings it back but it is now totally unreliable. The device is now "unsupported" so don't expect any help. I used to work in tech retail and was a firm TT supporter recommending over other brands but no longer am I honestly able to do so. I am afraid I have gone over to the dark side and just purchased a Garmin ! I suspect TT will now be hemorrhaging customers after this debacle, many units seem to be affected in a way that TT cannot seem explain or correct.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,715
    Superuser
    Hi @onefriday1

You do not say which model of Tomtom.

Which ever model it is try the following. Firstly make sure it is up today, especially download any QuickGPSfix files if offered. as these are to help findings sats. Once it is updated then Fully Charge the unit for at least 2 hours.

Now take it outside well away from Buildings and Trees with a clear view of the sky and do a Soft Reset ie turn the unit on and when working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear a drumroll sound then let the button go.

When the unit has restarted create a route on it and then leave the unit in the open for as much as 30 minutes to see if it will lock on to the sats..

Hope that helps

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @molerat

Do you get offered any Quickgpxfix files if you connect it to Home for any updates. If so download these as they are there to help connect to the Sats

Doug
  • max_zenigmax_zenig Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 2019
    unable to tell you which tomtom it is as there isnt a serial number on the casing and the damn thing is stuck on the screen showing no maps installed so i cannot access device information

i only ran the update because of this stupid broken gps connectivity and I needed the gpsfix (which did show in the updates) but never got installed

ive notices that on the tomtom website http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428/~/installing-mydrive-connect there is the following message

"You may currently experience issues updating your device using MyDrive Connect. We are working on a fix with high priority. Please try again later."

so for now my tomtom is stuffed until they fix the issue with the software

very bad service
  • onefriday1onefriday1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks...
    Superuser
    HI @max_zenig

As you refer to the MyDrive Connect software if the Unit is not one of the very latest Wifi models then the first video I offered is the one to look at . You are given a choice near the start of the video as to which version of the video you follow. You should be able to see which one to follow by looking at the screen shot on the TT units displayed..

If you have the unit on Hold the ON/Off button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound. Keep pressing the button and some white writing appears and you will find the serial number there. After you have seen the number then just press the button quickly again to exit the screen.

Try that

Doug
  • BlaahBlaah Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 2019
    I updated my sat nav it says up to date but shows London George street and says waiting for vaolid GPS signal - why?
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @molerat

Do you get offered any Quickgpxfix files if you connect it to Home for any updates. If so download these as they are there to help connect to the Sats

Doug

Yes it has the latest Quickgpsfix. Doesn't help much though, fine until you start moving. Totally lost faith in TT.
    Superuser
    HI @Blaah

Does this help.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16092

You say you have a Tomtom Live but not the exact model details. One update you should ensure you have are the QuikGPSfix one as this is to help connect to the sats.

You could also try Charging the unit for about 2 hours and then taking it outside well away from Buildings and Trees and a clear view of the sky. .

Now turn the unit on and when ready hold the ON/OFF button down until you hear the drumroll sound then let button go.

When the unit has Started again create a route on it and then leave it in the open for as much as 30 minutes to see if it locks onto the Sats.

Hope these ideas help.

Doug