Expiry for single map download? — TomTom Community

Expiry for single map download?

sgambrysgambry Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited May 2019 in Map purchasing
Hi there, last summer I downloaded a Single Map download for Europe East for a one off trip. Does it have an expiry or can it forever be accessed from the memory card, although not updated? We need it again this year.. Thanks

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,962
    Superuser
    Hi @sgambry

Any map downloaded to a Tomtom unit is tied to the units serial number and should be available with any updates that were paid for at the time of purchase or any update paid for.after the initial ones have expired.

If it is loaded on your Via 52 then you should be able to select it in Settings/Maps. If you look in MyDrive Connect software you should see it there for reinstalling if you deleted it after you used it last year.

Doug
  • sgambrysgambry Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug, thanks for your reply. I can still see the map in Settings/Maps and also in the MYDrive connect area, but as it was just a single one-off purchase I don't recall there being any updates as part of the purchase. That made me wonder if it expires after, say 1 year, or if even not updated it will still remain available for use? We'll be travelling in the same area just over a year after the initial purchase so fingers crossed it will still work.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,962
    Superuser
    Hi @sgambry

The map should work fineas it is only a year old.

Doug