Removing previous owners email address from device and removing old TomTom from my account — TomTom Community

Removing previous owners email address from device and removing old TomTom from my account

CarolijoCarolijo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I have been given a Go500 but need to remove the previous owners email address from the device, how do I do this?

I have added the device to My Drive Connect but already have a really old Tom Tom on there so now it shows both devices on the account but no way of removing the old one. I've looked online and there is a guide which shows clicking on a trash can icon to delete a device but this option is not visible on my screen.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,104
    Superuser
    Hi @Carolijo

Do a factory reset on the device as this deletes all the data ie MyPaces, Poi and Route files on it as well as any settings so it is as it was when first taken from the Box. The map and operating software is unaffected by this action and you should retain the Lifetime maps etc that were offered at time of original purchase.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.
    Tap Okay.

You can now enter your details.

One Tip set Search option to Quick Search not Step by Step. This resolves a problem with Post Codes, particularly rural ones.

Doug
  • CarolijoCarolijo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you. I wasn't sure if a reset would wipe all maps currently on the device as I can see people are having issues downloading updates at the moment and don't want to be left with no maps on the device and difficulty downloading a new one.

You wouldn't happen to know how I remove a very old device for my account would you? My Drive has allowed me to add the new one so I have both showing at the moment. I can't see a way of deleting the old device.
    Superuser
    HI @Carolijo

If you are not seeing the Greyish Dustbin when you open MyDrive Connect software that you use for updates when you Select My Devices then you can either:-

Contact Customer support

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Or you could detail the model and serial number, do NOT give the whole serial number just the first 2 letters then a few of the numbers includingthe last 3, and maybe @VikramK can delete it from your account tomorrow. Keep an Eye out here.

Can you advise if you have the European Map on it and if so is it on the Extra memory card. If so have you a map on the internal memory? The current European map will not fit on the internal memory so if it is not on the internal memory then if you update it you will need a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or Max 32gb recommended.

If you have no map on the internal memory then we should see if Vikram can allocate a small map to your account for you to load onto the internal memory to help avoid possible problems if you have any issues updating in future.

Doug
  • CarolijoCarolijo Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks DougLap.

I have the European Map on a Micro SD card, no maps on the internal memory so I think all should be fine.
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Carolijo

Thanks for that . The reason for suggesting adding a small map so it loads on the internal memory so if you have an issue updating your European map you could finish up with no Map on the unit so it will not start because it needs a map. By adding a small map, it does not matter what it is, then you can start you unit and sort your problem out.

See if @VikramK will allocate a Map for your .look here tomorrow. You just load the map and forget about it.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    @Carolijo

Device delinked and a smaller map added.

Regards
    Vikram