route planned on phone different to route on nav — TomTom Community

route planned on phone different to route on nav

holden01holden01 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
hi there so I purchased a 550 rider few weeks ago downloaded the one drive app and planned out a route now when I transfer the route to the nav it's the same destination just a different route is it something I'm doing wrong if not it seams pointless having the app

Answers

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Might depend on the settings of the device (route type, what to avoid, etc.).
  • holden01holden01 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I changed all the settings on the nav to the same as the app it still comes up with a different route even tried just entering the same destination on the nav different again. it's pretty poor adding to the black out issue it's got and the screen route issue it's pretty **** for a £370 sat nav
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 634 [Revered Pioneer]
    When you like multiple navigation devices to drive exactly the same route route it is better to use a Track.

The easiest way to create tracks and use them on your TomTom PND is with TomTom MyDrive. This even works with PND's from other brands.
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
    Superuser
    holden01 wrote: »
    hi there so I purchased a 550 rider few weeks ago downloaded the one drive app and planned out a route now when I transfer the route to the nav it's the same destination just a different route is it something I'm doing wrong if not it seams pointless having the app
    What you see is normal for a route. It contains only the stops / waypoints you want to visit and the device calculates the best route between them according to the traffic conditions and your settings.

Only a track describes the exact path...

Take your time to read the user manual. Also see:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1021734/itn-versus-gpx-files

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,879
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @holden01

When you say you have put the same settings on MyDrive App and Rider have you set the MyDrive to Motorbike?

As has been said the only way to get exactly the same route is to save and sync as a Track. The Track is however then followed religiously on the PDN irrespective of Traffic etc.

Doug
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 752
    Superuser
    Or add more waypoints to force it to a specific path.

Even with the same settings nothing guarantees that the calculated route will be the same. It can be altered by Live Traffic and IQ Routes. At 17:00 you may have a route A, and at 18:00 a route B for the same destination.