Start 25 - Speed limit display (looks like a road speed limit sign) freezes current speed display — TomTom Community

Start 25 - Speed limit display (looks like a road speed limit sign) freezes current speed display

When a new speed limit is reached, my Start 25 sometimes displays a big speed limit sign in the bottom left of the screen (looks like a speed limit road sign) displacing and freezing the current speed display to its right.
The update and re-boot suggested for my logged incident 190502-000106 didn't work, which is very annoying, especially when travelling through roadworks.
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Chimpmeister

By Reboot do you mean....
    Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • ChimpmeisterChimpmeister Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 2019
    Yes, also termed a soft reset - done after downloading updates. It still didn't help.

The Reference Number is: 190326-002xxxx

I'm getting quite cheesed off with this now!

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!
    Apologies for the breach (I’m new to this, as you can see!) and thanks for editing it for me.

Has anybody got any tips as to where I go from here please? Am I the only one to have experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Chimpmeister

Try a Factory Reset from Settings . I think you can select an option that does not delete your data on that model.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, I’ll give that a go.

Regards from Mr Chimp.