SERVER BUSY - TomTom MyDrive Connect application OUTAGE!!!!

Comments

• NoteskickNoteskick Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @oracleocpdba

On the rare occasions that I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Un-install MyDrive Connect using the Revo Uninstaller

Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Revo first Un-installs the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal Un-install leaves behind
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM

I had the same problem, so I reinstalled MyDrive Connect software but it didn't worked. Today I have triyed uninstall again, but before I cleared the browser's caché. And this time it worked. So I guess step #2 really helps.
  • JOM_123JOM_123 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have tried for 3 weeks to update my Via135 but always receive the answer "Our servers are busy. Try later". I have seen there is some problem about week roll over, and I should therefore reload My Drive Connect, but that doesn´t help. The customer support for TomTom seems to have gone into hiding. They don´t answer on phone or mail. Is there someone out there who knows something about this ??
    Best regards from Jan in Sweden
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    Are you using this number?:

Sverige (Sweden)
    077-662-00-10
    Måndag-Fredag: 10:00-17:00
  • ptoppingptopping Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I keep getting this...Our servers are very busy right now
    Click Retry a few times until you are connected. If that doesn't work, close MyDrive Connect and start it again.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,322 Superuser
    edited May 24
    Hi @JOM_123

You can try this:

At first, with your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ In the MyDrive Connect (MDC) window at the top, to the left of the gear wheel (Settings), click on "Log out".
    2/ close the MDC window, right click on the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock, choose "Quit"
    3/ Open Windows "Task Management" and check if there is still a MDC process to kill it.
    ==> In your taskbar / Right-click in any open place / Task Management / "Processes" tab / if you find "TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe * 32" ==> Right-click / "End Process"
    4/ Open MDC again and "Log in", enter your email and password.
    5/ Try again to download an update.

If it doesn't work, with your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ Uninstall MDC, accept the removal of downloads in the popup window.
    2/ "Restart" your PC (Not Shut down or Sleep)
    3/ Download and install the last version MDC, take it here, at the bottom, the green button "Download for ... ":
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    4/ Try again to download an update.

I hope that one of the two proposals will work for you.

Regards.
    Hi @martn

Glad for you that it works again. :)
    And Thanks for your feedback. I improved my suggestions with your comment. :)

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1646890/#Comment_1646890

Regards.
  • AmberleyFarm2019AmberleyFarm2019 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've been trying to update my Via135 (with lifetime updates) for four days but serversreport a "technical problem" each time. When will it be fixed??
    Hi @AmberleyFarm2019

Indeed, at the moment there are known problems with Tomtom servers and not yet definitive fix. :disappointed:

Look at this topic and try the different suggestions:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1646890/#Comment_1646890

Regards.
  • mdelruemdelrue Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Since 13th mai, I try to update my TomTom.
    I must first update Navcore but I always receive the message that the servers are overloaded.
    Since first try, I can no longer use my GPS navigator.0rcb1m7jmju8.png

Where is the problem and when this problem will be resolve?
    The message received is this .
    wbhcnqj28ce8.png

The model is a STAR 25
  • hvsarobertshvsaroberts Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am having the same problem with my start 25 - I have been trying for 4 days
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,808 Superuser
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,774 TomTom Moderator
    Hello all

Our 2nd Line Team in the mean while has created this FAQ: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26680

For some of our customers the advise on the above page has also been helpful.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • smudge88smudge88 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    my tomtom start6000 is not updating on the connect website, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps telling me the servers are busy, reading the online comments this has been going on for weeks now. What is going on and when will this be rectified please!
  • jotergjoterg Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have tried to update for the last three days, at different times of the day AND night, all I get is '' server is busy'' How do I go about updating?
  • CimmaxCimmax Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi, I've had the same problem for about 10 days. My devide is Via 135
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,808 Superuser
    Hi @joterg @Cimmax

Re the Servers busy message try the @YamFazMan recommendations in the following which have resolved this for many.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1647285#Comment_1647285

Doug
  • P_Mark_MP_Mark_M Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have been trying to update my tomtom via 125 for a week now. All I get is that the server is busy. Some things fill in on the temp file on my computer, but it never completes. I have looked at the notice about discontinued ability to buy maps which does not apply to my device as it is lifetime maps and is not listed in the devices below.
  • AnnCAnnC Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This is the message I keep getting to on tom tom page http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9863/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTU5MDY3NTI1L2dlbi8xNTU5MDY3NTI1L3NpZC9mVWh2TjNzeHczbGJzV242VFVrNW93M0M1MEVfVHlNWVFSTmZWNDBGVmlZeDRVWDg1QUpzSk1HV3hpc0k5Mm5VJTdFWGtBTjRlc2M2ZTdraHVIazJSeU9TVXFXVG02YUxPS1M2d3V4amlkOHZIWlBxM19oNnpnJTdFNG9BJTIxJTIx
    Our servers are currently very busy. Sorry, MyDrive Connect is currently unavailable. Try again later
    Along with this - your device requires a key maintenance update! Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to update your device.
    I have reloaded my drive several times, Ive done lots of downloads including Aprils update before no issues.
    What do I do/where do I go?
  • Eduardo15Eduardo15 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have a tomtom start 25 that requires that "date update" since the 6th of april.
    the device connects in a good way to the computer and I can select tthe first two updates. but when I click continue the program "mydrive connect" keeps on "preparing" untill the program tells me that the tottom servers are too busy and i need to retry.
    I tried to update on a lot of different hours during the day, and on 3 different computers and i keep on getting that same message that the tomtom servers are too busy to handle my request!

anyone that can help me out? i am not planning to buy a new gps and just want my old one running again :)

thanks,
    regards
  • mikeatintomikeatinto Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hello,
    I have been trying all day to update my Via and just keep getting a message saying TomTom's servers are busy and to keep trying.
    As instructed I have clicked retry umpteen times and have also closed MyDrive Connect and restarted several times but to no avail.
    Is there really a problem with their servers or is the problem at my end?
    Thank you
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,790 Superusers
    edited May 29
    Hi @mikeatinto @Eduardo15 @AnnC @P_Mark_M

Firstly try Logging OUT of MyDrive Connect (Screen Top Right)
    Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    Log back in again with your Credentials... Simple but it has worked for many users

If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I then found that the newly downloaded version of MD C would not load to my laptop, message saying that my OS was incompatible (it wasn't before).
    Anyway, I had received a previous version of the software in March direct from TomTom when experiencing similar problems with an update at that time, I still had it in my downloads folder and re-loaded it and - BINGO, it loaded fine, I pressed the ignore button when prompted to load latest version of MD C and I was able to do the update with no problems.
    I have been quite a fan of TomTom satnavs over the years but have changed my opinion since getting this Via 130 and using MD C - nothing but problems with every update, none of which I ever experienced with my very old TomTom One and TomTom Home.
    Anyway, all good until the next update - thanks again for your help.
    Mike
  • LINNERSLINNERS Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have been trying to upload new settings to my elderly mother's Tom Tom Start 25 via My Drive connect for the last two days - constantly busy! Really frustrating as she needs in for a trip early next week. HELP!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online7

7 Guests