SERVER BUSY - TomTom MyDrive Connect application OUTAGE!!!! - Page 3 — TomTom Community

SERVER BUSY - TomTom MyDrive Connect application OUTAGE!!!!

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,705 Superuser
    Hi @Indy_Rosser

Have you tried a Soft Reset or a Reset Device.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,632 Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi

The Servers are definitely up and running....
    This Morning Installed 4 updates to my GO 825....
    Check out the time/date on the PC Task Bar

Tap on Image to enlarge....
    jbxwhn7g34v0.jpg

3k77non27s39.jpg

db12d3lppjft.jpg

All Done....
    xyozwn1p3a2u.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • RaybattsRaybatts Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I always dread updating my maps because the TomTom software has always acted flakily as though written by an amateur nerd. It stops without warning; it is very slow; it is not very intuitive.

Why hasn't TomTom made the lives of their customers easier? I note that there's always a TomTom advert trying to persuade users to buy their latest bit of hardware which is ironic when the message directly above the ad is telling me that the server is too busy to finish updating my maps.

My latest updating experience was probably the worst of all.

MyDrive was updated when I first connected my START 60 and I selected the map updates I needed (the free ones!) and off we go. Then after about 20 minutes and at about 50% complete, the link to TomTom was terminated and after a few more minutes, a message popped up about the server being too busy. I tried several times again with identical results.

Meanwhile, when I turned my START 60 ON it said that it could not find any maps and displayed a white screen. Hey! My START 60 worked fine before I started to update it. Now it's completely useless.

The fix?

I followed the advice of 'Weldrith' (see above).

1. I uninstalled MyDrive completely.
    2. I downloaded a fresh copy of MyDrive from the TomTom site
    3. I installed and ran MyDrive
    4. It suggested that my software was 'corrupted' (no doubts caused by the terminated download) so I first clicked to fix that problem. Then it updated my maps.

In total I probably spent the thick end of two hours staring at a download window before I got my START 60 to work again.

Come on TomTom! You can do much better than this!
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Raybatts

Firstly try Logging OUT of MyDrive Connect (Screen Top Right) then log back in again with your Credentials... Simple but it has worked for several users

Option... (1)
    On the rare occasions that I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Un-install MyDrive Connect using the Revo Uninstaller (Windows PC )
    There must be a equivalent Deep un-install program for a Mac

Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Revo first Un-installs the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal Un-install leaves behind
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Option... (2)
    Also its a quick fix if MyDrive Connect is playing up... Saves deleting and reinstalling MDC

I've created a Shortcut on the Desktop to open the Tomtom folder that contains the 'HOME3' & 'Mydrive Connect' Folders

Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created afresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘Run’ in the search box to open ‘Run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’

ATB YFM
  • Indy_RosserIndy_Rosser Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Indy_Rosser

Have you tried a Soft Reset or a Reset Device.

Doug

ALL of the above
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Indy_Rosser
    The Servers are definitely up and running....
    My GO 825 Connects OK...
    Check out the time/date on the PC Task Bar

Tap on Image to enlarge....
    wfw53awbvwc9.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • KlausHHKlausHH Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited May 2019
    Hello, I am desperately trying to update my START 25. But I always get the message that the server is busy. Can you help me please?
  • alanG_tomtomalanG_tomtom Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Don't hold your breath on this one. I wonder if it is connected with the recent updates or they have been hacked and will not admit it.
  • GrahamReddGrahamRedd Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I will be travceling this week. Need to update maps urgently. Also bought a new map and the radar service. Van't download! Please correct problem.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 10,354 Superuser
    edited May 2019
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1100055/unsere-server-sind-derzeit-ausgelastet#latest
    Look in the link. There were already several solutions that could help
  • rdelaurentiisrdelaurentiis Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same problem. When it shall be fixed? There is a e-mail information when the problem will be solved?
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @rdelaurentiis

Firstly try Logging OUT of MyDrive Connect (Screen Top Right) then log back in again with your Credentials... Simple but it has worked for many users

Option... (1)
    On the rare occasions that I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Un-install MyDrive Connect using the Revo Uninstaller (Windows PC )
    There must be a equivalent Deep un-install program for a Mac

Revo first Un-installs the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal Un-install leaves behind

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,593 TomTom Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hello Everyone,

The team has worked on implementing some changes online to fix certain things that could have caused MyDrive Connect to show the server busy error.

Probably you could see a screen that looks something like:

8izmzb3cjfoq.png

And when you login the application should work as normal.

I look forward to any feedback..

Thank you,
    Vikram :)
  • garyguinardgaryguinard Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Was experiencing same problem(servers busy try again later) for a week. Finally realized latest software update for My Drive Connect on computer somehow changed my connected device name to Start 25 (Europe) instead of Via 1500 (North America). I deleted my attached device, and added and renamed mine (Via 1500). Updated fine after that. Can't say I understand why or how this happened, but TT adds to confusion with server busy messages, and main page stating they are trying to resolve update issues, and all the discussions of older devices no longer being supported, sure adds to confusion.
  • blurred1978blurred1978 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited May 2019
    I've been getting this for days. I noticed it wouldn't let me remove the device either.

I uninstalled the software, and cleared the temp folder. Removing downloaded files also (not an issue as all the downloaded stuff was already installed I couldn't get it to download due to this error).

I reinstalled the software which I also just downloaded. Logged in, and voila updates worked. An update may well be, being worked on but I wanted to update my devicew now - and this worked for me and only took 5 minutes to fix.

I'm assuming a previous update was bugged. (i'm sort of glad it wasn't a conspiracy to try to force the upgrade they're trying to encourage sale of atm lol)
  • gpete-myGPSgpete-myGPS Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Any idea when you will get the My Drive app. fixed so we can download updates? This problem has been going on for days now!
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @gpete-myGPS

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect
    I use either.....
    Option... (1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    OR
    Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder

Option…(1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..

(1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘Run’ in the search box to open ‘Run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’

ATB YFM
  • gpete-myGPSgpete-myGPS Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Tom Tom website is advising that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. But, it has been several days now and I am surprised they haven't come up with a fix. Was trying to find out if they had a guesstimate of when it might be completed.
  • canavpcanavp Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Absolutely bad instructions (in other words NONE) when trying to update the offered (DEMANDED) MyDrive Connect update. After doing this I wasted over two hours getting the message of "servers busy". No on screen help whatsoever.

The cure was to delete MyDrive software from the computer completely, reboot the computer then download and install a fresh copy of MyDrive from TomTom. It then updated right away after this.

NOTE FOR YOUR IT SOFTWARE WRITERS: Would it not have been simple enough for you to initiate automatically a delete of the old MyDrive software, then install the new update. If that's too complicated, why not give us many users that have had this problem the instructions on the opening webpage for the update to delete and reboot before downloading the update. Surely there must be someone in TomTom that can at least handle HTML and add this information to a webpage!?????.

Complete incompetence and forethought or is it "let the users BEATA Test our new update". Two and a half hours of my valuable time wasted, by TomTom's poor update software writing design team.
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @canavp

I was wondering ??? Was your device connected to the PC the first time you installed the latest MDC Update
    Ever since the early day of USB we were allways told not to connect the device while installing/updating the software

ATB YFM
  • blurred1978blurred1978 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @canavp

I was wondering ??? Was your device connected to the PC the first time you installed the latest MDC Update
    Ever since the early day of USB we were allways told not to connect the device while installing/updating the software

ATB YFM

In my case, no.
  • HbakerHbaker Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've been trying to update keep getting SERVERS are BUSY try again
    Have been trying for a week and keep getting same message
  • sach900sach900 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello,
    Trying to update my Start 20. But cannot connect. Does anyone how long the fix will take?
    Regards,
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online19

Alkah
Alkah
bolichero1_un44
bolichero1_un44
Elchdoktor
Elchdoktor
Jürgen
Jürgen