SERVER BUSY - TomTom MyDrive Connect application OUTAGE!!!!

Comments

• dvries66dvries66 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have been trying for 5 days to update my device, it keeps telling me server error. Please can you advice me on the problem
  • GoogGoog Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Thanks for the tip on uninstalling and reinstalling the mydrive connect! I was stuck for days with the message Our Servers are Busy! and was not getting any updates. After a reinstall of the tomtom software it updated rightaway!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,807 Superuser
    Hi @dvries66

Some who have had Server connection issues have found that totally deleting MyDrive Connect and then after Restarting their PC and reloading the MDC software has resolved this issue.

Doug
    HI @lars59

Have you tried the suggestion by @YamFazMan earlier in this topic. This has resolved the issue for some.

Doug
  • sebingeosebingeo Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I am trying to update my device for the past 3 days. I may have tried about 30-40 times.

All the time i get this error. Any clue when their servers are going to UP?
  • KFamilyKFamily Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited May 9
    honestly, I have no clue how TomTom manages to stay in business. I am tired of waiting. I will certainly not purchase a TT product ever again, but switch to google maps and maps.me instead. At least those services always work. Hey, TT, the only thing you still got going for you are cool looking maps, but if you can't keep them up-to-date and your servers are always down, what else do expect people to do than switch over to google maps or one of the many other apps out there? I always liked TT, but you have to have to get your **** together guys, otherwise you will not only lose current customers, but eventually your entire business as well, beasue people like me will just move on to other services and Apps.
    edited May 8
    Hi @KFamily

A few people have found that completely deleting MyDrive Connect from their PC's and after a restart and reload of the software it works fine. Worth a try.

Doug
  • KFamilyKFamily Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Never mind, I got everything set up in Google maps now. There have just been too many issues with TT in the past. This latest server trouble is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm done. Bye-bye TomTom.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,788 Superusers
    Hi
    @KFamily

How strange ???

I have just updated my NAV3 GO 825 Live....
    4 Updates without issue
    QuickFixGPS
    Mapshare
    Speed Cams Europe
    Safety Alerts Europe (2 Weeks Bonus)
    Download + Install... 9Mins 52 Seconds

Updated my NAV3 Via 120 Live....
    3 Updates without issue
    QuickFixGPS
    MapShare
    Speed Cams Europe
    Download + Install... 7Mins 22 Seconds

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

While trying to resolve it I called Tom Tom support yesterday and was told they were working on the servers which sounded logical given the on screen message. They said to try again the next day which I did but got the same message again.
    I then found a post from 2017 suggesting a similar solution to the one above but suggested a new email should be used which I expect would also work although the original email worked fine for me.

Hope this helps anyone else out there with the same problem.
  • Freeman558Freeman558 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I've been getting this message since Saturday 4th May 2019 and I am still getting it on the 9th May.
    I can see other posts with this but the Moderators "solution" link goes no where as the topic is no closed. Which is helpful for a forum.
    Are the servers actually busy or is this just, as I suspect, a generic message anytime there is a connection issue?
    Hi @Freeman558

There has just been a post in the last hour where someone has said that when they reentered their Account details and password in MyDrive Connects settings that when they then tried it worked.

Others have said that if they completely delete Mydrive Connect software from their PC then restart the unit and download software from Tomtom that sorted the problem.

Worth a try.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,774 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Pete S

Could you try a clean reinstall of the MyDrive Connect application and see if the error still comes up?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • TheJGB3TheJGB3 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I was experiencing the exact same issue. I called TomTom on Monday May 6, and they told me to log out of My Drive Connect and log back in. That fixed the issue for me.
  • LinrayLinray Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    None of the tips helped me. Still saying server is busy
  • LizWingLizWing Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you - but myyproblem still seems to be that I am asked to first download Navcore, and then keep getting told that all the servers are busy. this has now been going on for over 24 hours. I have paid for the new maps but now wish to get my money back - how do I go about this?
  • TrevorCurryTrevorCurry Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Jeffers21 wrote: »
    I have been connected to MyDrive since yesterday afternoon and your 'servers are too busy try again' every time. My TomTom doesn't work because it needs your update??

Uninstall then reinstall MyDrive as described further down the thread worked for me :)
  • billstomtombillstomtom Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I simply want to thank y'all for the solid advice regarding uninstalling and reinstalling. I have been trying to update for several days with no luck. Once I followed your suggestions all is good...just finished about two hours of updating and downloading new maps. I really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again b
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,788 Superusers
    edited May 11
    Hi

billstomtom

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
    _______
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    After 3 days of trying to update my TomTom and seeing the message that the servers are very busy, the issue is resolved.
    All I did was go into my account settings on MyDrive Connect, re-enter my email address and save. I logged in again and My TomTom received the updates - no problem.
    @PeteS

Many thanks for your above suggestion!

I logged out of MDC (top right of the MDC window), then logged in again. After that I was able to download updates again. B)

This saved me the trouble of a clean MDC reinstall.

Cheers.

• otsohojiotsohoji Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    My TomTom module XNV for Sony Car doesn't work since 3 weeks due to missing update for the GPS issue. I did the recommended updates 3 times already. None of them helped. The 4th time was yesterday, but apparently this time your next update procedure is not working due to busy TomTom servers. Do I have to mention, that I need navigation system in my car and that's why I've bought it? You have never mentioned in the Terms and Conditions, that it won't be available for weeks due to 'busy TomTom servers", haven't you?
  • Indy_RosserIndy_Rosser Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Jeffers21

Have you got the latest MyDrive Connect software?

Doug

I am having the exact same issues and I have uninstalled and reinstalled and done updates and the whole nine yards and am singularly unimpressed at present with this!
    I have to say that Garmin is looking pretty good for me, right now!
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @dvries66

Some who have had Server connection issues have found that totally deleting MyDrive Connect and then after Restarting their PC and reloading the MDC software has resolved this issue.

Doug

Done that! Didn't work and HASN'T worked on numerous attempts.
    HCivic wrote: »
    Pete S wrote: »
    After 3 days of trying to update my TomTom and seeing the message that the servers are very busy, the issue is resolved.
    All I did was go into my account settings on MyDrive Connect, re-enter my email address and save. I logged in again and My TomTom received the updates - no problem.
    @PeteS

Many thanks for your above suggestion!

I logged out of MDC (top right of the MDC window), then logged in again. After that I was able to download updates again. B)

This saved me the trouble of a clean MDC reinstall.

Cheers.

Sadly, no change here!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online89

DougLap
DougLap
Riebesehl
Riebesehl
Tommy1511
Tommy1511
+86 Guests