Iceland map for Rlink 1 — TomTom Community

Iceland map for Rlink 1

ordniordni Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi does someone have a solution to put a Iceland map on the Rlink 1 for renault ZOE 2017.
I have had no luck with it so far after asking the dealers 1000 of times with no solution.

best regards. Össi

Answers

• CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    It seems that as far as TomTom is concerned, Iceland does not exist.

s84iha95ke3y.png
  • ordniordni Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    well yes and no. They have a map of Iceland that is available on some devices but what I can´t under stand and no one seems to be able to answer is why do tom tom not make that map available in the Rlink 1. There are ALOT of zoe´s here in Iceland that need that map
    TomTom do not make the maps available for R-Link, they make them available to Renault. The maps have to be re-configured for R-Link and Renault (or whoever does it) just never seem to do it. The latest maps for R-Link are version 1010 (or the same slightly amended as version 1011), but on TomTom's own devices they are version 1025 - that's three update versions more recent. Unfortunately the TomTom contract to supply the navigation system for R-Link does not seem to include any arrangements to issue new map updates regularly. I don't understand why TomTom can allow their reputation to suffer from this situation.

You really need to get onto Renault customer support and raise it as a very serious problem. I wish you luck in that, as they don't have a good reputation for support of R-Link.
    yeah this is all very strange.

At this moment I have given up, waiting for Renault to do something about this problem. I am messing with the rlink system and enabeling android Auto (wich is not availble in the Rlink 1 but can be made enabled wit some minor hacking) getting android auto on my smartphone (again not avalible in Iceland but possible using VPN) and then hopfully using google maps by mirroring mi smartphone on the rlink system.

wish me luck.

And if you are from iceland looking for a sulution send me a message and we can figure something out (if this works btw).
    I got hold of a program called R-Link Explorer from a French websitye forum, TomTomax.
    https://www.tomtomax.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=40484
    I can't get into the site now, but I still have the program on my laptop. Sadly, I use Mac and it doesn't work on this. I also think it may not work on Windows 10 - my laptop is Win 7 and it runs so slowly that I don't use it very often.
    Update. Managed to make Android Auto work just by finding a way with some obd2 tools and software. Forced my way in the system and enabled Android Auto function
    That is installed in the latest update but not available unless you enable it.

have been using it sense jun 2019 with out problems.