GO 750 LIVE Map installed - Western Europe but UK and ROI missing? — TomTom Community

GO 750 LIVE Map installed - Western Europe but UK and ROI missing?

I have updated my Go 750 live has recommended, downloaded the Western Europe map but UK and ROI maps are not there. I read that someone had the same problem and was given a link to download the map can you help me with this.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,704
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Altura58

On the screen where you enter your city/postcode
    Screen top right is a Flag Icon... Tap the Flag Icon (Should be the UK Union Flag)
    Type Un or as much of the countries name ie... United Kingdom to put the UK map Icon at the top of the list
    Tap the UK Flag Icon
    Now you can enter your UK Address
    The UK map will now be the default Map

If you plan a trip to another Country you will have to change the Map as above to suit
    Don't forget to switch back to the UK Map on your return

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,241
    Superuser
    Hi @Altura58

Have you downloaded a Mapzone which does not include UK & ROI? If so there are others to choose from that do.

Doug
  • Altura58Altura58 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It did include it was in green. But it's not on no UK flag no map.
    Superuser
    Hi @Altura58

If you have downloaded a Mapzone then it is one of a number of mapszones for a full map. Mapzones were produced when Tomtom units were having trouble being loaded as they were getting too big. There are probably about 5 or 6 map zones and some will include UK &ROI.

Doug
    So what can I do now to upload UK map on
    Superuser
    Hi @Altura58

Here is the Video that shows you how to load Mapzones. Do you not see the option to load the full map. You should look at how much free memory you have on your internal memory as if you have less than 400mb the operation of the unit can be effected.

Have you any extra memory fitted in the unit

https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/discussion/1034224/how-to-install-map-zones-using-tomtom-home-europe-map/p1?new=1

Doug
    edited May 2019
    I have follow all that you show on video. First it said I need more memory I back up what I had on my satnav to computer on clean memory them I download south Western Europe where was included the UK and ROI but they don't show on the map of countries. I read in a post that the same had happen to another guy and VikramK I think gave him a link to instal just those maps. Do you understand my problem .
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Altura58

If you have downloaded a Mapzone it looks like you may have downloaded Option 3 of the Western European Map. Can you change to Option 1 or 2 . See details in the attached of Mapzone coverage.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21070/kw/map zones/session/L3RpbWUvMTU1NzM5MTY1NS9nZW4vMTU1NzM5MTY1NS9zaWQvZlVRejZSclBzbmYzbmJJYkljbEpTWTN0dXpKY0NFWmR2SU1pTmk0VWlZZURVZGFtX1JaeUtaMENwR0JFeFZJRnQwUUx2TGhmdHM4UzBvTWhtekhodnp0JTdFJTdFdlhmUV9rQUpubjZ6d1d0MVpjVXRLdldIY3JNN0NNdyUyMSUyMQ==

You may need to change the Information to show Europe near the top of the above links page.

Doug
    Thanks for helping. I had to go back to my computer back up and downloaded Eurppe basic again and it work ok.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,704
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Altura58

Just to be clear and to help others....
    I think you have now installed the Western European MapZone using Option 1 or 2 (With the UK & ROI ) and everything is now working as it should ???

ATB YFM
    No. I installed Europe basic that I had saved on my PC. I did install western Europe option 1 but Portugal and Spain didn't show up like previously with option 3 UK and ROI didn't. So I just went back to my PC and reinstall my old map.
    Superuser
    HI @Altura58

The only option that does not include Portugal and Spain is Option 2.

This is the list that covers the countries in Option 1

Full door to door navigation in the following countries and regions is included:
    Andorra, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Canary Islands and Vatican City.

Based on that if you did download Option 1 then the Countries you referred to should be there.

Doug