Can't upgrade for free?

RyanPriestnall
RyanPriestnall Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
The old app was bought with an old apple ID. It's installed on my phone so TomTom Go says upgrade for free, but when I try to it says error (due to the old apple ID) I've tried to log in but it no longer exists. Can I get the TomTom upgrade for free on my new ID?

Comments

• GalvaoJunior
    GalvaoJunior Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I bought few years ago TomTom Brazil app for Iphone. Have used this app in several previous iphones, and still use in familiar share. Now, after I need to erase the phone and do a backup (for that, my icloud was perfectly updated), I lost this program. All my relatives that share this app, still have it in their phones. TomTom shutdown this download in Apple App store, and is charging me again to get the new version. I don´t want a new version, I want that one that I paid for!!!

I want know if there´s a way to recover that app?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,944
    edited May 2019
    Hi @RyanPriestnall GalvaoJunior

Sorry about my late reply! You need to get in touch with our support about this as they'll be able to verify and sort this one out for you. Please click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @RyanPriestnall ,

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

• marcos_hirano
    marcos_hirano Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 24
    I also have had the TomTom Brazil app installed in all my previous iPhones and it’s been a while that I didn’t used at all.
    I opened the app again today and it was discontinued and I got the info that I can have a free upgrade for the new app TomTom Go for free.
    I tried to make it although it was not possible, with an error message displayed for me.
    Could you please help me up?
    My account is registered under my email [email protected] and I still have access to it.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,325
    Revered Voyager
    @marcos_hirano

The old app is no longer available and it is no longer possible to migrate from the old 1st gen app to the new 3rd gen app.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,187
    Community Manager
    @marcos_hirano
    If you're in Brazil the app should be free due to a deal with a car manufacturer.
  • marcos_hirano
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your reply @Willy875.
    I’m not sure if I got you point ou didn’t make me clear.
    Actually I don’t want to migrate from the older version to the new one. Is it possible to have an upgrade of my account to use the new version considering my old account/app purchase?
    Willy875 wrote: »
    @marcos_hirano

The old app is no longer available and it is no longer possible to migrate from the old 1st gen app to the new 3rd gen app.

• marcos_hirano
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 31
    Hello @Jürgen
    Yes, I’m in Brazil but the app isn’t free unless I didn’t noticed it until now.

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned before, I paid to access the app previous version and I received a message where I can upgrade it for free due to it.

So I tried again to upgrade for free but I still got an error message. (please see the attached images).

gb0ryo3u5l0h.png
    cv8yxj70vjhh.jpg
    38aoq2rdhnuu.png
    adhawbb50zio.png

Jürgen wrote: »
    @marcos_hirano
    If you're in Brazil the app should be free due to a deal with a car manufacturer.

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,187
    Community Manager
    The product that the Free Upgrade link goes to no longer exists because the GO Mobile app has been replaced by the GO Navigation app. It's best to follow the link at the bottom of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Support > Contact