Europe on Rider 40

nccmnccm Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Is it possible to remove the west-european map on the Rider 40 and replace it with the european map?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,531 Superusers
    edited May 6
    Hi
    @nccm

The reason why the West-european map is installed....
    The Full Europe map Map size exceeds the on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the larger Maps like the Full Europe map you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 8.9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB (Max) is required

oi5c18uj3vm0.jpg
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

I am not a technician, but I understood that I could install the normal size europe map on a microSD, but in that case pre-planned routes can not be used. Is that correct? Will the system automatically recognize the map on the microSD card?

If I install a smaller europe map on the internal memory then I could upload pre-planned routes on the microSD card. But in what sense is europe reduced? Less countries? less roads? ...? Actually I need my navigation system in west-europe and most east-european countries including Czech, Rumenia, Hungary and Slovenia.

I am grateful for your helping,
    Niels
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,531 Superusers
    edited May 6
    Hi
    @nccm

The full Europe has more Countries

After the small map is installed on the on-board memory and the Full Europe map is installed on the 16GB or 32GB Class10 Micro SDHC Memory Card
    You can set the Full Europe Map to be the default map
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Choose another Map : Select Europe

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I hope that everything can be finished before I will leave for eastern europe coming month.
    Once again, thanks a lot!
    Niels