LOST UK MAP AFTER UPDATE — TomTom Community

LOST UK MAP AFTER UPDATE

678hug678hug Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Plugged into PC to do the updates as usual. TomTom 5200
UK / Europe Map update said failed on TomTom screen but disappeared from list of updates.
Carried on and did the USA map update which gave the same error.

Now I've got no UK / Europe map. It appears that the USA map is still on the SD card though.

Really need this Europe map working for a trip to Turin in 2 days!!
Can anyone offer advice.

Thanks

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,655
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @678hug

Is the European map not available to download again under Add a Map in Maps?

Doug
  • 678hug678hug Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply.

Looks like i've managed to sort it.

Appears that it was deleted to make room for the updated version and then the updated version wouldn't fit on the unit meaning the update failed and i then didn't have anything.

Formatted the SD card. Loaded the Venzuala map onto the unit to ensure i had a small sized map allowing the unit to start.

I then put my Europe and USA maps onto my newly formatted sd card.

Superuser
    Hi @678hug

If all you have got on the Unit is the USA and Europe maps with Venezuela then I suspect either the USA or the Europe map is also on the internal memory as you. have 16gb there and more than enough for the software, Venezuela map and one of the others.

Click on Menu then scroll right and click on the ? in a blue circle and you will be able to see how much free memory you have internally and externally.

Glad you are up and away. Just leave the Vene map there.
  • 678hug678hug Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine only show that i have 6.75Gb of internal memory.
    Both the Europe and USA maps are on the SD card. The only one on the unit is Venezuala.

Mine is actually a 5100, not a 5200 as i said in the first post. I guess these have a smaller internal memory
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @678hug

Correct, the GO5100 only has 8gb of internal memory that makes the small map vital as it helps prevent you getting into the situation No Maps Available.

Doug