Purchased subscription not visible on Go Mobile App

keyowalshkeyowalsh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
hi all
i bought the tom tom serivce. the app wont let me redeem them. redeem shows on the bottom of the app and wont do anything

Mod Edit: Please note that I've merged the two discussion threads into one to keep related queries into one topic.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_russ82Tony_russ82 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 6
    Played for the subscription and says purchase waiting keep clicking redeem nothing has happened since this morning
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,593 Superuser
    Hi @Tony_russ82

You will have to contact customer support.

Doug
    I have done thru the app and emailed
    Hi @Tony_russ82

You might have found it quicker via phone contact . You will probably have to wait until Tuesday now in view of May Day holiday.

Doug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same thing happened to me. I got a refund from Google and most likely will be uninstalling the app when the current subscription expires. If this is the kind of support TomTom renders to paying customers, I may as well use a free app.
  • LostandnotfoundLostandnotfound Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same to me today
    Poor poor system and service
  • VTec555VTec555 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same story for me. Already removed the APP multiple times, clear the cache but problem is still not solved. Add first when pressing the redeem button it is asking me to use my login but after doing so nothing happens after pressing again the redeem button.
  • AKhanNLAKhanNL Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem here, i'm a Dutch user. Though when I launch the app, I get a pop up at the top of the screen telling me there's a purchase available now. Can't select that either. Someone please help us out!
  • Joshua.PJoshua.P Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Same here. Just purchased year update - shows in play store - but not in Go.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Support (when open):

Ireland
    1890 812 008
    Monday-Friday: 09:00 am to 5:00 pm

Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

• RafaelVRafaelV Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hi, I've bought tomtom go for a year. I used all free miles and now it keeps showing "waiting purchase" even after I've got receipt from Google with the amount paid. Can anyone help me. I am logged in my account
  • Peter_JDPeter_JD Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same thing happened to me on 5 / 6 May. The money for my annual subscription has been taken from my account. TomTom Go for Android refuses to navigate. It just has a Redeem button that does nothing which made the App useless when I was driving extensively. Very frustrating.

Maybe there's a problem at TomTom. Hopefully it will be fixed today. I shall expect the subscription to be extended appropriately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Legendary Explorer]
    I'm in the technology business (which I suppose is easy to guess considering my user name), and the whole idea of tech support keeping bankers' hours seems bizarre to me. When the product or service you offer is of a 24/7/365 nature, and you accept money 24/7/365, then support must also be available 24/7/365 -- at least for problems that affect the essential functionality of the product or service.

I'm on call 24/7/365 -- and I own the company. That doesn't mean I respond to every ticket on weekends and holidays. Some of them can wait. Requests for new features and the like are not critical and can't be implemented on-the-fly, anyway. But when a paying client can no longer use the service they are paying for at all -- especially when through no fault of their own -- then they are entitled to a prompt response at any time of any day or night.

The "national holiday" excuse doesn't cut it for me, either. I don't expect overseas clients to not bother me on Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, etc. in the US. If I'm willing to take their money, then I have to accept that many holidays in my country are ordinary work days in theirs.

I've been using and recommending TomTom devices and services for many years. I haven't been a member of this community nor posted anything in most of that time because, frankly, I never had anything to say. The products worked well-enough, which was all I cared about. Sadly, this fiasco has really soured my opinion of the company.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience! This is a known issue and our team is already aware about this. If your subscription is expired, please get in touch with our support team and they'll able to assist you further.

I'll update here once I know more.

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• manuchaomanuchao Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    on 5.5.2019 i buy a25 euro play store vaucher in Germany i downloaded the tom tom go on my phone and i upgrade it ..... so the app took my money but it didnt upgrade it . i have send mail but still nothing . anyone with the same expirience .
    thanks
  • AguidaAguida Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Same here. After having used the free 75 km, I tried to upgrade. Google pay charged my card but the app failed to upgrade. No trace of where the money went. My TomTom account does not show anything.
  • AguidaAguida Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Yes, I am not alone :-) Same here. Hope that it will work tomorrow though very small. Seems this has been going on for several days now.
    I'm in the technology business (which I suppose is easy to guess considering my user name), and the whole idea of tech support keeping bankers' hours seems bizarre to me. When the product or service you offer is of a 24/7/365 nature, and you accept money 24/7/365, then support must also be available 24/7/365 -- at least for problems that affect the essential functionality of the product or service.

I'm on call 24/7/365 -- and I own the company. That doesn't mean I respond to every ticket on weekends and holidays. Some of them can wait. Requests for new features and the like are not critical and can't be implemented on-the-fly, anyway. But when a paying client can no longer use the service they are paying for at all -- especially when through no fault of their own -- then they are entitled to a prompt response at any time of any day or night.

The "national holiday" excuse doesn't cut it for me, either. I don't expect overseas clients to not bother me on Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, etc. in the US. If I'm willing to take their money, then I have to accept that many holidays in my country are ordinary work days in theirs.

I've been using and recommending TomTom devices and services for many years. I haven't been a member of this community nor posted anything in most of that time because, frankly, I never had anything to say. The products worked well-enough, which was all I cared about. Sadly, this fiasco has really soured my opinion of the company.

Absolutely agree. I'm surprised at how hard it is to get an answer to something that should appear so easy to resolve.
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience! This is a known issue and our team is already aware about this. If your subscription is expired, please get in touch with our support team and they'll able to assist you further.

Thanks, lampard

Is this a new issue at this moment? I see this topic has been highlighted before:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1016372/activate-the-unlimited-subscription-on-the-go-mobile-android-app
    I've sent two emails now and nothing back I'm not happy the support is rubbish for the app and it's not fit for purpose due to not working I've tried the app this morning and not working I want my money back
  • svf167svf167 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks, lampard

"Please get in touch..." - are you joke?! The "support team" keep the silence and ignore messages. It seems that it's time to revert the purchase and get money back.
    Yet another story, how bad service quality is starting to kill good product...
    edited May 8
    Well, I just called the Dutch helpdesk and was told that they are aware of the issue and can't help me at the moment either :s

A solution is expected within a few days. They told me that they expect the app to start working automatically within a week or so.

I don't get it. If there is a general issue than why isn't there any news or update to be found on the website?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there everyone,

Sorry to hear about your experiences but as I mentioned above, our team is already looking into this with priority.
    AKhanNL wrote: »

Is this a new issue at this moment? I see this topic has been highlighted before:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1016372/activate-the-unlimited-subscription-on-the-go-mobile-android-app

The link you mentioned here is different than what is being reported. The issue is with the purchased subscriptions which are not getting assigned to the account and not visible at the back-end to us.

@RafaelV @keyowalsh @VTec555 @AKhanNL @Peter_JD @Lostandnotfound @Tony_russ82 I've assigned 2 weeks of subscription on your account for the time being and once the issue is resolved, your purchase will get automatically assigned on your account. Please restore your purchase to continue using the Go Mobile App.

@Joshua.P I can see that you already contacted support and got this sorted out.

@GeekOnTheHill Once your active subscription expires, the 2 weeks compensation will be activated automatically.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

@lampard Thanks for helping out! FYI I see it picked up on the 2 week subscription by simply launching the app, I didn't need to go to the upgrade menu.