(1) Sticking to main roads? (2) Motorway Junction prompts? (3) Colour Scheme? — TomTom Community

(1) Sticking to main roads? (2) Motorway Junction prompts? (3) Colour Scheme?

(1) I am a contract worker and also dyslexic and autistic and so almost every time I drive I forget the routes, so I sometimes travel up to 200 miles to a client, usually to places I can't remember being before, but my device keeps leaving main routes and taking me through residential 20 mph streets, back roads and donkey tracks and the routes are not repeated if I happen to repeat the destination or even simply return.

(2) Motorway driving has become fraught with this current display, the instructions are often late especially when required to be in a particular lane to filter. I really noticed this recently travelling from Barry (South Wales) to Bristol when people are often queueing a mile plus in a different lane and who know the route in advance.

(3) This current iteration is poor compared to older models and the lighter colour scheme is horrible, any chance of bringing back (rolling back) to the earlier Tom Toms displays?

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,479 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @KimHedges

You don't say what model TT unit you have however on the more current models if you go into Settings and select Sounds and Warnings you can select the warning type as Read Aloud.

If you go to Voices in Settings and Select a Computer Voice such as Serena or Malcom then more detailed information is available including the Setting to Read Aloud Early Instructions.

The use of these settings can provide more detailed information over and above the Turn off and Lane Guidance images that are also shown on the screen and the instructions provided by a recorded voice..

Hope that helps.

Doug
  • KimHedgesKimHedges Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    The newest model iteration, TT Go 6200.

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi @KimHedges

You don't say what model TT unit you have however on the more current models if you go into Settings and select Sounds and Warnings you can select the warning type as Read Aloud.

If you go to Voices in Settings and Select a Computer Voice such as Serena or Malcom then more detailed information is available including the Setting to Read Aloud Early Instructions.

The use of these settings can provide more detailed information over and above the Turn off and Lane Guidance images that are also shown on the screen and the instructions provided by a recorded voice..

Hope that helps.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    The newest model iteration, TT Go 6200.
    Hi @KimHedges

If you still find instances where it seems to do odd little diversions then one option you could consider is to to check you have the routing setting set to fastest and if it is then do a full reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will delete all your data such as favourites (My Places), and any Poi and Route files you have loaded on it. These should sync back onto the unit after the reset except any routes you created and saved on the GO5200. These latter routes will have a solid shafted arrow next to them in My Routes.

Doug
    I'll try that too, thank you.
  • pelham89pelham89 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The problem doesn't help because the Satnav assumes you can do 60mph around the back lanes, where occasionally you sometimes you're reduced to a crawl, or even having to stop....
    Yeah those back roads are a problem, i'm not a fast driver, especially when driving roads that are new to me on every corner, so I rarely drive at 60 mph on any road except the motorway.