My TOM TOM is not following my routes

WalterWP
WalterWP Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
I have the VIA 62. I have programmed specific routes l need to follow. The TomTom half way through decides to take me OFF ROUTE to a totally rediculas route. Has anybody else experienced this?

Answers

• Ste7ios
    Ste7ios Posts: 759
    Superuser
    This normal for routes. You may add more stops to force it to follow a more specific way or use a track.
  • WalterWP
    Apprentice Seeker
    First, thank you. I hear what your saying, (add more stops)

NO that does not work.

Work started to buy and nstall the TOM TOM in all it's units, but stopped, because of a problem, well now l know why.

The GPS unit stops following your desired run, instead taking you on a sight seeing your first

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

• WalterWP
    Apprentice Seeker
    Adding more stops does not work, but having said that, TOM TOM only allow 28 stops - WHY?
  • WalterWP
    Apprentice Seeker
    So the TOM TOM has no idea where it is going, as proven. It has taken me on a wold goose chase, costing my company reputation and I'm sure now, dollars.

I set my standards high, but Tom Tom Let me down. I say to ANYBODY wishing to purchase a TomTom for guidance - DO NOT, unless you know where you are going via the traditional street directory, use the TomTom as a 'Kind of BackUp', but NEVER TRUST it for guidance.

I work with MANY drivers (in the hundreds) and many say the same thing, the TomTom cannot trusted.

TomTom: Challenge me, prove me wrong - I have the video!

Walter
  • WalterWP
    Apprentice Seeker
    I set a route, and AGAIN, the TomTom took me OFF ROUTE. I think a serious CLASS ACTION needs to be Looked at . I will refer it with evidence - WHO said Dash Cams are waste of money!
  • Ste7ios
    Ste7ios Posts: 759
    Superuser
    For support you’ve to contact with the support: https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/

This is just a user forum with some monitoring by TT...

What do mean it doesn’t work? This is how I design my routes 9 years now with Tyre and MyRoute-app lately. But you’ve to place them carefully at key locations...

The maximum number of stops in an ITN file is 255.