How it is possible to make contact with customer support so far to date they do not answer? — TomTom Community

How it is possible to make contact with customer support so far to date they do not answer?

I purchased a GO 6200 and it has never worked properly since I received the unit. The European Maps have disappeared and not able to retreive them inspite of floowing the online instructions. Making contact with or even hoping to get any reply from Tom Tom customer services still not able to get any sense from this unit. My previous Tom Tom which I had for 11 years never gave any problems only changed to the GO 6200 as the one I had the maps could not be updated. As far as I am concerned TomTom has totally failed to respond to me or give any expalnation of my problems they have even ignored my request for a refund. They do not answer emails or phone calls. Any ideas.

Best Answer

• bobbullinghambobbullingham Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Doug
    I have now managed to get the europe map downloaded and it seems ok.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
    Bob b

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,252
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @bobbullingham

Contact Tomtom Support
    Phone...
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or
    Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

OR
    Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You must already be logged into the site for the 'Email Direct link' to work
    Note... The Email Direct Link is not working with the Firefox browser

ATB YFM
    Thanks for getting back to me and have tried all your suggestions with no response from TomTom. All the support links refer me to the robot in the bottom right hand corner of the page, tried all the suggestion from this source and still same problem. Tried to phone them without much success. If you have any other ideas please let me know
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,730
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @bobbullingham

Whilst you wait to to able to contact Customer support on Tuesday now can you answer the following. questions please..

What maps have you got on your GO6200.

Did the European map disappear after you did an update.

Have you installed any extra memory in the Extra memory slot on the bottom of the unit.

If you:-
    Tap menu
    Scroll right and Tap the ? in a blue circle
    Tap About
    Scroll down and advise us what information is stated under the heading Free Memory.

You can also see here the list of installed maps.

Doug

I have england and ireland maps the european maps have disappeared the european maps were there before the 20th April. On my way back from Spain on the 21st all european maps had disappeared and have since been unable to get them back. (very disturbing) try driving through europe with no sat nav.)

I had no update

Have not installed any extra memory.

The installed maps are of UK and Ireland

free space 12.42 gb internal memory
    Superuser
    HI @bobbullingham

Okay so there is plenty of room on the internal memory for the European map.

If you Tap menu, Tap Settings, Tap maps, Tap Choose another map what maps are you offered.

If No other maps If you Tap Add a Map what maps are you offered.

Doug
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi

One other thing if you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap MyCloud
    Does it say bottom right. Do not tap that if it is saying that.

Doug
    Doug.

I have followed your instructions and I have a download on the screen .Not sure how long it will take so will let you know how it goes. Have trip to europe at the end of the month so with some luck it may be down loaded by then.

thankyou Bobb
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @bobbullingham

Glad to hear you appear to making progress. Lests know how you do which I am sure if successful will be well before the end of he month. =)=) .

I assume you are doing this via the wifi connection between your unit and your broadband and not by connecting the GO6200 to your PC.

Doug
    yes i have a connection via the wi fi. Should be OK by the morning now downloaded 4%.

Kind Regards
    Superuser
    HI @bobbullingham

Leave it going but if your Wifi is a bit slow it may struggle. In which case then start again only this time use your PC.

You open the MyDrive Connect software on the PC then plug your GO6200 into the PC. You will get a Flash screen saying update via wifi. Ignore this now while it is still connected use the menu system on your GO6200 to do the update. ie

Tap Menu
    tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New Items

You will see a list of any updates etc available. Do them one at a time ensuring that if one is a Software update you do that first followed by Maps.

The GO6200 is using the Computers wifi connection but it is able to cope with slower download speeds.

When your Update has finished do a Soft Reset as described as this is recommended after any updates are done.

Doug
    Doug

I will find a faster connection in the morning as still at 7%. Will let you know how It goes.

Kind Regards
    Accepted Answer
    Doug
    I have now managed to get the europe map downloaded and it seems ok.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
    Bob b
    Superuser
    Hi @bobbullingham

Please to hear you are up and away. It will seem easier next time . =)=)

Doug