GPS signal failure — TomTom Community

GPS signal failure

Have updated my tomtom start20 with the QuickGPSfix program but it doesn't have a GPS signal. Any solution? Should I throw away my device and buy a new one?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,438 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @tazom

Try this:-

Fully charge the unit then go outside away from Buildings and trees etc .

Now do a Soft Reset ie turn the unit on and when working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let button go.

Now create a route on it and when it is normally ready for you to start driving then leave the unit in the open for as much as 30 minutes or more until the unit locks on to the Sats.

If you can attach the unit to a power supply but not obstruct the unit even better.

All the best

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,438 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @tazom

Try this:-

Fully charge the unit then go outside away from Buildings and trees etc .

Now do a Soft Reset ie turn the unit on and when working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let button go.

Now create a route on it and when it is normally ready for you to start driving then leave the unit in the open for as much as 30 minutes or more until the unit locks on to the Sats.

If you can attach the unit to a power supply but not obstruct the unit even better.

All the best

Doug