Why are my phone alerts not coming through on my TomTom Spark Cardio + Music? — TomTom Community

Why are my phone alerts not coming through on my TomTom Spark Cardio + Music?

JordanCronin1608JordanCronin1608 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi Guys!
Newbie on the prowl :)
I have recently bought a brand new Spark Cardio + Music.
When I bought it, the box stated that it has phone alerts. In a couple of days, I received a call from a friend whilst Bluetooth was enabled and the first thing I felt was my watch vibrate telling me I have a call incoming! Its a great feature and all, but it won’t work again after that one time occurrence.
I’ve completely reset the Bluetooth connection by un-pairing my watch from the Sports App on iPhone. And after I reconnected the watch and it only let me receive a notification once, and that’s all, it just won’t happen again after that 1 time alert.
Is there anything I should download or check within the TomTom Sports App or is it something I should get off a software page from TomTom.
And yes... I am using the native apps that iPhone provides (IMessage and Calls)
Thanks Guys!!!
WATCH VERSION: 1.7.64
IPHONE VERSION: 12.2
APP VERSION 10.0.8

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    Why did you buy a brand new watch that was discontinued 18 months ago when TT Sports went out of business? They are no longer being updated or supported so this was a bad idea, you should have done some basic homework first. .

You should reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

All you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone.
  • JordanCronin1608JordanCronin1608 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I realise that the watch has been discontinued, no need to get mouthy.... considering I didn’t pay AUD$350 and only paid $50. I think I got a smashing deal, whether you agree or disagree with me.... basic homework wasn’t needed when these forums are still open..... wish I could get a positive response :(
    But still, will try this method and see if it works or not.
    Thank you 👍
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,727
    Superusers
    My point was you bought a discontinued device and homework would have told you there were known issues that will never be resolved as they discontinued all development when they went out of business (notifications and connectivity being two of the larger ones). Support is also being phased out. The forums is basically me copying and pasting canned responses to the known issues. Nothing is going to fix or be changed on the watch so if this does not work you are out of luck,.