Setting max speed on premium x — TomTom Community

Setting max speed on premium x

Jimbo2107Jimbo2107 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
When I use the my drive app I can set max speed and vehicle type but this info doesn’t transfer to the sat nav, that still shows the speed shown before ie max speed for the roads.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,752
    Superuser
    Hi @Jimbo2107

MyDrive has the ability to offer different vehicle types because there are different Tomtom units for different Vehicle types so you can select the vehicle type your Tomtom unit supports..

However the settings will only work correctly if your Tomtom unit has the same parameters set in it. If for example I set an RV parameter in My Drive to Avoid Motorways when I send the Destination or Stops to my GO Camper which has not got the same Avoid Motorways parameter set the GO Camper will recalculate and include motorways if appropriate.

Doug
  • Jimbo2107Jimbo2107 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, it just pees me off that I’ve only changed because my go 820 no longer updates maps on the old unit I can se max speed. I’m also not happy that TomTom advertise lifetime maps and speed camera updates but when you check that stops in 2025 so in 5.5 yrs do they expect us to put our hands in our pockets again, I’m beginning to feel well and truly fleeced.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,752
    Superuser
    Hi @Jimbo2107

I don't know why the expiry date appears but I am sure it has been stated on here by Tomtom that the date is not a defining statement. Their stated Lifetime policy does not include a specific period will apply from Purchase or .a specific date applicable to all.

Doug