GO Premium IFTTT. Does It Use The Internal SIM Or Does It Need Your Mobile And My drive To Work?

Automan
Automan Registered Users Posts: 19
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
That is what I am trying to find out.

How does the IFTTT information e.g. your location get from the device to your home e.g. Philips Hue hub.

Will it all work just using the SIM in the Go Premium or does it need the My drive app working on your smartphone?

Many thanks.

Answers

• Bobstat
    Bobstat Registered Users Posts: 8
    Neophyte Traveler
    Does anyone know which manual I should use for the GO Premium X? This model is not named in the list of downloadable manuals.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Bobstat

It is mentioned as an option to select the manual for the Premium X but then it offers you a Premium Manual so I assume they are the same as the difference is casing and Accessories.

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/refman/TomTom-GO-PREMIUM-EU-UM-en-gb.pdf

Doug
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @Automan

My guess is ,as I have not got a Premium, that as you set the distance and time parameters for the actions to take place the units position as known to the Tomtom servers for traffic etc that is the trigger.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Automan

The IFTTT feature requires internet and that is provided by the built in SIM on the device.

MyDrive on phone is not required but you have to be logged into MyDrive on the device.

For your reference:

Regards
    Vikram