Tomtom one satellites and the clock resets back to 12.00 intermittently — TomTom Community

Tomtom one satellites and the clock resets back to 12.00 intermittently

Hi . I have updated to the latest software but it still struggles to find satellites and the clock resets back to 12.00 intermittently

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,727
    Superuser
    HI @Kevinsomerset

Have you tried a Soft Reset. Turn the unit on and when working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let go of the button.

The unit will boot up again and it helps sort out the software. It is a thing to do after you do any updates and it is recommended that you do updates one at a time.

Doug
  • KevinsomersetKevinsomerset Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your advice Doug.. no i haven't tried that.. fingers crossed 👍
  • fatbellybinkyfatbellybinky Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited May 2019
    I have exactly the same issue on my TomTom One 3rd edition since the April changes. It's running V8.010 software (the latest update that was ever available). Initially the time is displayed correctly but it now struggles to find satellites for a long time and when it eventually does get a position, the time reverts to 12:00. I've checked the serial number for updates on this site and the result says it should still navigate OK but the time will be wrong. I've tried all the suggested things like performing a reset, etc. but that doesn't help. I have another older TomTom One running V7.903 software and that doesn't have any problems at all but the maps are much older and not worth updating. I use my TomTom for work and don't see why I should be forced to buy a new device when the one I have was working perfectly so will TomTom sort this out and if so, when ???
    Im in the same boat .. .. come on Tom Tom we have a sat navs which the updates dont resolve the problem !!!
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 249 [Exalted Navigator]
    There is a 3rd party unofficial workaround on the net...
    Thanks for you advice.. i dont suppose you have a link to that please ?
    Now I have: rima-lock.com
    use at your own risk, though. Not affiliated with TomTom!
  • fatbellybinkyfatbellybinky Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Sadly only seems to cover TomTom Rider devices, not my TomTom One 3rd Edition. I've raised a support question with TomTom but I suspect they'll just say buy a new device.
    Oh well done .. lets see what they see... why should we buy a new obe .. when we purchased it then we wasnt told it only had a certain life span
    Sadly only seems to cover TomTom Rider devices, not my TomTom One 3rd Edition.

Try the one for Rider K4. Should work on One 3rd.
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 2019
    tiljes wrote: »
    Sadly only seems to cover TomTom Rider devices, not my TomTom One 3rd Edition.

Try the one for Rider K4. Should work on One 3rd.
    Installed on my One V3 plus a fresh quickgpsfix. Working OK. Clock correct with arrival time showing. It also seems to have fixed the satellite lock. Previously I could only get a max of 5 satellites with a clear sky even with a fresh quickgpsfix, often completely lost it and sometimes showed me driving through fields. Today with an overcast sky quickly picked up 7 and stayed pretty much on 9, occasionally 10. Only did a 5 miles each way trip but initial signs are promising.