Lifetime world maps.Why can't I update to them??? — TomTom Community

Lifetime world maps.Why can't I update to them???

I've recently bought a new Go 620 wifi.It states on the box that it's World maps with speed camera....and Lifetime updates.

I've done EVERYTHING as per instruction.I've registered the device with TOMTOM using the seriel number.I need help now because this is seriously frustrating me !!!

Has anyone else any issues or advice on this?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @PaulFXsniper

Tomtom devices are sold with the one map installed for the purchase area of the device (For you) Europe.... the remaing World maps on on the Tomtom Cloud in your Account ... Ready for downloading

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re GO 620 normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Phone Tomtom support United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Or maybe @VikramK or @lampard... The Forum Moderators will pick up your post

ATB YFM
  • PaulFXsniperPaulFXsniper Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for your fast reply.

However,none of the above has solved the issue.I have called customer services who pretty much repeated what you have suggested.

Is anybody here able to check my S/N for me???
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    HI @PaulFXsniper

Are you saying that when your unit is on and connected to Wifi that you do not get any maps offered if you do the following.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add Map

If so then your account settings need to be changed otherwise you should be able to download more maps. The problem you may have is there is not enough memory on the internal memory to accept both the European map and USA but you can get Europe and a number of smaller maps on the internal memory..

I would recommend that you add in the extra memory slot a Micro SD Class 10 card, Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker obtained from a reliable source. !6gb or Max32gb should be used. The latter will load many of the maps available to you. .

I have Flagged this to @VikramK to check your settings. keep an Eye out here for his response.

Doug
    I installed and formatted a Sandisk 32gb card when I first opened the box.

Looks like I may have to contact customer services .....grrr
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    HI @Paulfxsniper.

Hold on a little while to see what Vikram may have to say. If it is a setting at their end, which sometimes happens, he can sort it.

Doug
    Superuser
    HI @PaulFXsniper

Check you Tomtom model here using the first 2 letters of your units serial number.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @PaulFXsniper

The current device which I see linked to your account has the serial number ending - 979

Is this the one you are referring to? Because I can confirm that this device has World Map - Lifetime Maps Active.

Regards
    Vikram
    That is correct.I phoned customer services and they corrected an error at their end.The satnav now has world maps.

However,I have now become aware of a new error pointed out to me by a friend.I'm aware that some dashcams can actually "knock" the signal off on a satnav.I've not tried my new satnav in my car yet but wondered if anyone else has encountered this issue.My dashcam is a Nextbase model.Satnav is a Go 620 wifi.

Like I said,I've not used my Satnav yet but hope to over the next few days
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @PaulFXsniper

Not heard that problem before on this forum.. One thing though, do not plug your units cable into a USB socket make sure you use the supplied charger as a USB socket does not supply enough power to maintain operation and battery charge.

I would think if it as possible for such a problem to arise its more likely a Radar Trap detector than a Camera.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @PaulFXsniper

I run a Dash cam in my Car No problems here, ALL Tomtom devices working fine...
    But I have heard of cheapo Dash cams with appalling RF suppression affecting GPS signals and Car Radios
    DougLap wrote: »
    (Snip)I would think if it as possible for such a problem to arise its more likely a Radar Trap detector than a Camera.
    Doug
    I recall a Trucker having issues with a 'Snooper' Radar detector that was causing problems

ATB YFM