Address Can't Be Found, but MapQuest can find it — TomTom Community

Address Can't Be Found, but MapQuest can find it

rsrm0321rsrm0321 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
My Tom Tom Go 60 is a little over a year old. It says it's up to date. I only use it to get around my community or a town 2 hours away. I don’t drive it out of state. Since February it can't find addresses. When I get to these places by using a print out from Mapquest, my TomTom can get me home by using “Drive Home” . Please excuse the length, but I'm trying to give you as much details that might help me fix this issue.
Two of my latest addresses I can’t find are:
Brandywine River Museum, 1 Hoffman Mill Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317. I tried putting in the following and kept getting the message Address Can’t be found

Search
Brandywine River Museum
1 Hoffman Mill Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
1 Hoffman Mill Road, Chaddsford, PA 19317
1 Hoffman’s Mill Road Chadds Ford, PA 19317
1 Hoffman’s Mill Road Chaddsford, PA 19317
Hoffman Mill Road, Chadds Ford PA 19317
Hoffman’s Mill Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317

Mapquest has this address as 13 minutes and 6.4 miles from my home

The other address was for a hairdresser and it took me to a Uhaul Trucking Place.
Hair Artistry, 4828 Pennell Road, Aston, Pa 19014 I tried putting in:

Search
Hair Artistry (address can’t be found)
4828 Pennell Road, Aston, PA 19064 ( It brought up 4828 Pennell Road, MEDIA, PA. ) It would not let backspace and put in Aston. Pennell Road does go through Media and Aston, but the 4800 section is only located in Aston. This address is 20 minutes from my house.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @rsrm0321

I am in the UK and I have tried on my GO Camper.

Tap Menu
    Tap Search
    Tap Whole Map top Right of screen
    Selected In a Town and City
    Typed Chadds Ford and selected the City when it appears
    Typed Museum Top Left
    There are 2 columns and the right one is headed Museum/ Art Gallery with an Icon next to it .

If you now tap the Blue keyboard Icon bottom Right the keyboard disappears.

If I now tap the Down Arrow on the right side on the 3rd Tap the museum you are looking for appears. about 9th on the list.

Hair Artistry I cannot find as I doubt hair dressers are saved as POI's but the Address 4828 Pennell Road comes up firstly as in Aston PA 19014 not 19064 then the same but in Media a mile away.

Doug
  • rsrm0321rsrm0321 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you so much. You have made me so very happy. I was not searching correctly. The correct name of the museum is Brandywine Conservatory and Museum. Typing in museum brought up the names of the all the museums near me.

I never knew what that blue keyboard was used for. Clicking on that brought up the Aston address for Pennell Road. (I had given you the wrong zip code, it is 19014)

I really appreciate all the details telling me how to locate the icons, etc. That was so very helpful. I’m thinking you are the same Doug that is helping me with my updating/space issue. Thank you once again for your time and specific details. I really need that kind of help.
  • rsrm0321rsrm0321 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    If I can figure out how to give you points I will.