Watch crashed after marathon and now has no record of it

Runner427Runner427 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
My watch seemed to be working fine until after I had finished at which point it crashed. I thought it had run out of batteries but didn't really care as it seemed to have recorded the run. Now I've looked at it again it has about half battery life remaining and no record of the run and the marathon isn't uploading. This is particularly frustrating as during my last marathon it switched off halfway through - I assumed due to the rain. it's so unreliable! Can I do anything to get the details of my last marathon back?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,671 Superusers
    If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1 - Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).

2 - Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}.

3 - On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).

4 - Copy them to your computer

5 - Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]

6- Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch

7 - Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

• Runner427Runner427 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply. No ttbin file so it's lost I suppose. Annoying.