Is there any way to plan a route on TOMTOM GO?

PMCBarrister
PMCBarrister Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I am intending to take the question of TOMTOM taking money on such outrageous representations to ACCC or Australian Federal Police

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Hi @PMCBarrister

In your profile you list a GO6200. There are lots of ways to create routes on and off that unit.

What are you trying to do.

If you Tap Menu
    Tap Search Or Drive to
    Then type an address at the top and select answer.

Doug

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @PMCBarrister

I've never had a problem planning routes on a Tomtom device (Even Australia routes) and and I'm in the UK... Its Easy peasy
    Direct on the device 'Yes'
    Via the Tomtom MyDrive App 'Yes'
    Via the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner 'Yes'

ATB YFM
  • PMCBarrister
    PMCBarrister Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks - no problem with the 6200 or pre planning and syncing with MyDrive App - but paid subscription for TOMTOM GO App and its impossible to make any sense of that other than searching and putting in a destination - no route planning available it seems
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    HI @PMCBarrister

If you go onto the Tomtom GO App and select Settings you can then select Route Planning as you can on the GO 6200. Ie fastest or Shortenst, Avoid Motorways or Tolls etc

You can also go into Voices in Settings and if you select a Computer Vice have it read out road names etc.

Is that what you are looking for.

Doug

ps My App is on an Apple Phone.

• DougLap
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    GHi @PMCBarrister

If you tap search then select an address then Tap drive on the Map you can then go back into search and find another address and select .When it appears on the map Select the 3 vertical dots to the left of Drive and select the option to add to the current Route . You can keep doing that.

Alternatively you can move the map around and find a place to add. press the screen on the position and a Black spot appears with a + sign in middle. Tap the black spot and a menu appears and again you tap the 3 vertical. dots and add to current route.

It works the same way as the GO6200 in many respects.

If having created a route with a number of interim stops if you Tap Current Route you can Delete the next Stop or Reorder the Stops

Unfortunately you cannot create a route on MyDrive and it then sync to Tomtom GO.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser