new tomtom

Dani72
Dani72 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hey,
just got my new navi. started it and needed an update right away. It didn't got the whole update in, so now I only see I need a map. There is none available. How to fixes this.... Can't find it anywhere and can't do anything with it now :( Not happy!

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,858
    Superuser
    HI @Dani72

What Sat Nav.

Doug
  • Dani72
    Dani72 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hey Doug,

Go Essential.

Think 🤔 I found it. Back in menu again. Is now downloading card. Going slow, but busy. So fingers crossed 🤞 it will work after downloading is finished...
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,858
    Superuser
    Hi @Dani72

A Tip when downloading Updates , Software , Maps and New Items, Voices and Mapshares do them one at a time. If one is a Software Update do that first then do a Soft Reset when it has finished, ie Hold the ON?OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let go of the Button. The Unit will boot up again and you will still be able to find the remaining updates.

Do the remaining updates as follows , Map New Items and Mapshare and definitely when they are all done do a Soft Reset although whilst maybe a little overkill a soft reset after each one is a good idea.

A soft reset is like turning your PC Off and On in that it helps tidy up what has happened.

Hope all goes well.

Doug