TomTom Go 6200 Camper — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 6200 Camper

DirkVanmassenhoveDirkVanmassenhove Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I recently bought a TomTom Go 6200 Camper from CoolBlue. The description suggests that you can specify the size of your vehicle (car, car with trailer, camper, etc). However, after purchasing i found out that this option is only available after I buy an extra map setting me back for another 100 or so euros. I feel that this is misleading advertising and am surprised that a company like CoolBlue (and vicariously TomTom) think they can get away with this without upsetting customers.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,406
    Superuser
    HI @DirkVanmassenhove

Suggest that you take this up with Coolblue.

Tomtom sell a Product called a GO Camper, on which you can input vehicle data, and they also sell a product called the GO 6200, which is a car only product, . but not one called a GO6200camper.

The fact that you have had to buy a map says that you have been sold a basic GO6200 hence the need to buy the extra Camper map.

Doug
  • DirkVanmassenhoveDirkVanmassenhove Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I suspected that much. I feel betrayed by CoolBlue. I am awaiting their answer. Thank you for the swift reply Doug.
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    HI @DirkVanmassenhove

By the way I have the GO Camper and that has on it 4 Camper Maps Covering Europe, Latin America, Oceania and USA Canada all with Lifetime updates..

The GO6200 has World Car Maps with Lifetime updates and the only Camper Maps showing in Tomtom's map shop here in the UK is Europe Camper for circa £100 and only has 18 Months updates and USA and Canada Camper for Circa £90 again with 18 months updates

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @DirkVanmassenhove

One other thing is that someone on this Forum commented that if you put the first 2 letters of the serial number of a similar car unit it said that the Truck map was not compatible with it. You may find the same will apply if you seek to download a camper map to a GO 6200.

Doug