Planning routes is there any way to select a preference for highways? — TomTom Community

Planning routes is there any way to select a preference for highways?

I have selected the quickest routes in the menu. However, sometimes the device tells me to leave the highway and cross part of a city, in order to just save a couple of minutes. This has not do with a deviation because of traffic jams etc. , but simply because it selects the quickest route. This is very unconvenient, is there any way to select a preference for highways? In the menu I can only find an option to avoid highways.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,946 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ruud2007

There is not a setting to solve this. You either ignore the recommendation and continue on the highway or if you see it before you leave input a waypoint on the highway to force it that way.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,946 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ruud2007

There is not a setting to solve this. You either ignore the recommendation and continue on the highway or if you see it before you leave input a waypoint on the highway to force it that way.

Doug
  • kingjohn6200kingjohn6200 Posts: 114 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited April 29
    With a live product, it always looks at the time of day,if thats a busy time it wont give you that root. The problems with shortest roots happen without live updates, traffic jams can happen anytime,you need a live update to keep your roots fast and short
    Electronics, Electrical Engineer, Radio Ham, Microsoft Certified. Network Engineer. 50 years, now retired.