Air Vent Mount GO PREMIUM X

Qunappo
Qunappo Registered Users Posts: 1
Novice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/air-vent-mount-V3/

e8igs0mhszyr.jpg

Í need a air vent mount for my go Premium x, 6 Inch.
Is compatible this?
Has someone tried it?
Thanks

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Qunappo

Tomtom do not recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models, the Air-vent Mount is only for use with the 5" models, they are concerned about the weight of the 6" devices on the air-vent slats

I use the Dashboard Mount discs
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/dashboard-mount-disks/

Mount set for Dashboard use...

33l7lu3pdcur.png
    The Mount twisted around the ball joint 180 Degrees... For Windscreen use...

iffierccnjlp.png
    The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units without getting 'PND' (Persistent Navigation Droop) :o

ATB YFM
  • Gexxxy
    Gexxxy Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    Which is the use of the disks?

If í want to try the air mount, that model is compatible to charge go premium x? Thanks
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    edited April 2019
    Another question: I connect go premium x to the pc and i open tomtom home but it doesn't see the navigator, why? How i Connect go Premium x to tomtom home? I want to make a backup thanks
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Gexxxy
    Gexxxy wrote: »
    Another question: I connect go premium x to the pc and i open tomtom home but it doesn't see the navigator, why? How i Connect go Premium x to tomtom home? I want to make a backup thanks
    The GO PREMIUM X is NOT Compatible with Tomtom Home, Tomtom Home is for the early NAV2 Devices....
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re GO PREMIUM X normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Which is the use of the disks?

If í want to try the air mount, that model is compatible to charge go premium x? Thanks
    The GO PREMIUM X is a 6" device Tomtom do not recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models, the Air-vent Mount is only for use with the 5" models, they are concerned about the weight of the 6" devices on the air-vent slats
    This mount is compatible with the GO PREMIUM X body shape.....
    BUT ITS NOT RECOMENDED... Tomtom do not recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/air-vent-mount-V3/

Scroll down the page for device Compatibility

The disks have a sticky adhesive pad which sticks to the Dashboard... In order to give a smooth flat surface to mount your the GO PREMIUM X

ATB YFM
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    I don t understand ho to put or mount the go premium on the disk, horizontally??
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    I want make a backup as I Made By tomtomhome with my old navigators
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    I don t understand ho to put or mount the go premium on the disk, horizontally??
    The Dashboard Discs are used like this...

44j0zmzho3ew.jpg
    ATB YFM

• Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    And Which is the difference with this in the photo? This I post is the one in the box, Which is the use of the disk of i have this?
    g8bemdjgdhyg.jpg
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    I want make a backup as I Made By tomtomhome with my old navigators
    You can't all the information on your device is stored on the Tomtom Cloud MyDrive Web Route Planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video....
    How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Gexxxy

Backing-up MYPlaces
    Many users have asked for the facility to backup their MyPlaces to a PC
    The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud
    3d6xrq52c0wz.png
    The file looks like unusable Gobbledegook, the MyPlaces can be found in the file
    Click on image to enlarge....
    x3keyqdqe377.png

User Ethoz....
    Posted a link to a excellent Tomtom MyPlaces to .Ov2 POI file converter tool
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://chbworld.net/software/tomtompoi.html&prev=search

There's a Mac & PC version ....

Download and install TomtomPOI.exe from the above link
    Note... I have Virus checked the file with Avast Anti Virus all OK
    Run TomtomPOI

Ist Click on Open...
    Find/Load the (Your user name goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file Saved from the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    a3bdf3f4-a5bd-46bf-9447-683ddf169f40.png
    2nd Click on Copy
    3rd Click on Yes
    5567983e-03cb-46bc-a0f8-c09e5d822af2.png
    4th Click on Yes
    0d841302-e88f-4af0-bb4a-764126dc21d6.png
    5th Click on Save
    a8fe2080-c483-47ce-b413-b1606cd50aba.png
    Name the .Ov2 file & Save to the PC Desktop

ATB YFM
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    Which is the difference and Which is better between the DISKS and this beanbag Mount? La the same function?
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/beanbag-mount/
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    The disk is fix or it turns 360 degrees?
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    Which is the difference and Which is better between the DISKS and this beanbag Mount? La the same function?
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/beanbag-mount/
    I have both, I prefer the Disc ( The Disc does not rotate it's fixed )
    The Beanbag Mount? is very heavy (Maybe full of lead shot ???)
    There is a sticky dashboard clip (To stop the Beanbag Mount flying around in an accident)

Just an afterthought.... If you choose to go for the Air-Vent Mount
    If the Vent you were thinking of using rotates the whole Vent to direct the Air flow
    The weight of the 5" or 6" device, will rotate the air-vent & mount, and leave the device hanging upside-down with the pendulum effect

ATB YFM
  • Gexxxy
    Master Explorer
    I Will block the vent