TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

I have a GO 5100. In the last few days I cannot get my Device to sync with my saved routes

I have tried a reset, different browser all to no avail. After reset it synced My Places but not My Routes. Any help welcomed

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,262 Superuser
    Hi @Majpayne

Have you checked that the routes in your MyDrive account still have the "Sync this route as a track to my devices" is still selected.

Doug
  • MajpayneMajpayne Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Doug, But I don't want them synced as a track as that means they will not allow redirection as I understand routes vs tracks. In the past I used the TomTom Mydrice on the MAC to create a route. When completed it showed 'Syncing Successful' in the top right side of the map on the MAC and when I turned on the TomTom in the car it said a new route was available. That "Syncing Successful' popup no longer appears. I hope that makes sense. I have also tried it on my Iphone App but no better there. This seems to have been since the last upgrade TomTom My Drive Connect.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,262 Superuser
    HI @Majpayne

Just checked my Drive on the Mac and my phone and both send a destination to my GO unit perfectly.

If it was me I would do a Soft Reset to see if that makes any difference if not I would do another Full Reset again.

It must be connecting to your account if it downloaded the MyPlaces so if you create a route as a track and save it now does that sync to your unit okay like the my places.

Doug
    Hi Doug, Saving a destination is not the problem as I can select a location on the MAC TomTom My Drive and it will sync with My Places on the TomTom device. The issue is ONLY that I cannot sync a route that I have decided on on the MAC (2 locations in France in advance of my trip next week) and then try to upload that Route (not as a track) to my 5100. Could you try putting two locations in France, creating a route and then seeing if that new route shows up on your TomTom under My Routes. (I also have many other routes that are on my account and none of them are showing up on my device - even though all My Places on my account DO show up on the 5100). Thanks for any help.
    BTW - In answer to your question specifically, it will sync as a track but NOT as a route.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,281 Superusers
    edited April 27
    Hi
    @Majpayne

Are you still logged in to MyDrive on the device ???

I prefer to use .ITN Itinerary Routes, I can't get on with .GPX Tracks

Note... The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses a 'Send Stops' button in place of the 'Send to device' button

Are you using 'Send to device' 'Send Stops' ??? if 'Yes'
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a destination... Or if you add stops it send it as a route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)

If you are using 'Send to device' 'Send Stops' see my workaround below

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send to device' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send to device' 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

So your unit is syncing okay then which was not what I had interpreted from your earlier comments. Sorry about that .

If I create a journey, lets not call it a route at the moment to avoid confusion, from Home in the UK to include Lille and Paris with MyDrive on the PC or my phone App then Send Destination changes to Send Stops which if I press means that the Journey appears on my GO unit ready to go. It is not saved to My Routes as MyDrive only saves as Tracks but is a non fixed route with 2 waypoints..

If with the Journey now showing on my GO Unit I Tap Menu. Tap Current Route, it would have said Current Track if it was a Track, I can then Select to Save the Route to My Routes. This then appears in My Routes with a Solid arrow instead of a Dash Shafted arrow which shows it is a Route not a Track. The problem with this is that a Route on your GO5100 does not sync back to MyDrive and you cannot share it from your GO5100. Routes are .itn files and Tracks are .gpx files.

If you want a Route, which is a number of waypoints but not a fixed set of directions between them, and want to have it saved as an .itn file Route then you will have to create it on another Application and Import it into the GO5100 and also you can now have it saved on your PC should you need to recover it..

Doug .
    Hi Doug, I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort that you put into trying to help me today. Unfortunately I still can't get the Routes to work using TomTom My Drive and for further reading it clearly is a failure with their software. I cannot spend any further time with it today but I will try to get some help from their technical helpdesk on Monday. I don't hold out a lot of hope but the fall back is that when I am in France I am sure that I can use the 5100 directly to do the routing. Just very frustrating that I can sync it prior to the journey (plus all the others that I created over the last few months) . Thanks again.