Sd card not visible via MyDriveConnect and Go610 — TomTom Community

Sd card not visible via MyDriveConnect and Go610

Japie59Japie59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Installed a 32GB sd card in my Go610. Via system info the card is shown. Via MydriveConnect the extra memory is not visible. The Go610 wants to format the sd card. if it does that the card is no longer visible for the Go610. The card shows full when checked with computer. How can I solve this?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Japie59

There have been instances of some makes of Micro Sd Class 10 cards not working properly in Tomtom Units.

Sandisk, samsung and similar major makers obtained from a reputable source to avoid fakes seem to work okay. Could this be a reason in your instance.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Japie59

I have found, if I use the 'SD Card Associations' dedicated Format tool
    To format the Memory card, I don't have problems/errors with the Memory Cards
    Here... https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html

There's also a Mac version

ATB YFM
  • Japie59Japie59 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've tried the SD format tool. Regretfully this wasn't the solution. My Drive Connect still doesn't 'see' the micro sd card and can't therefor update the map since the TT Go 610 doesn't have sufficient memory for the update.

Pretty anoying.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @Japie59

Be Aware...
    Maybe You have a Counterfeit Micro SD Card ???
    There are lots of Videos online... How to identify a FAKE Micro SD Memory Card
    Just Google 'Counterfeit Micro SD Cards'

I downloaded the Micro SD Card Test Program 'H2testw' from Softpedia
    The program 'H2testw' checked out as Virus free... Using Avast AV & Malwarebytes
    It generates and copies 1GB files to the card until the card if full + Checks the Read/Write speed
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Luckily all my cards check out OK

Use the above at your own discretion...

ATB YFM