Poorest map of Ukraine — TomTom Community

Poorest map of Ukraine

MalyrexMalyrex Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
I thought TOMTOM is one of the best navigation companies in the world which gives customers one of the best navigation service in the world.
I bought TOMTOM RIDER 40 Western Europe edition for my bike. After that I purchased EUROPE MAP for it to have map of Ukraine (I live here). The problem is that I have no my district of the city Nikolaev at all. Like it was 50 years ago. I live here for 35 years and this is a part of central district of the city. On my TOMTOM with MAP 1025 I live in empty place in the middle of the field.
The strange thing that at mydrive.tomtom.com site the map of the same place is good enough. Why I do not have it in my device??? This is a poorest map of Ukraine I've ever seen and I paid money for it, expecting best map from TOMTOM. Even 10 year old maps from other cheap devices are much more detailed. But unfortunately there is no way back. I will have to pay next 50 euro one more time to update this "nothing" into improved "nothing" in case TOMTOM someday finish with development of Ukraine map. o7mo50u4r8fr.jpg
ohuczg5pxye5.jpg

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,915
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    HI @Malyrex

I am in the UK and have a GO Camper and I have looked on that which has the latest European Map 10.25. Using one of the street names in the second picture I can see that the road is in Tsentralnyi, Mykoliav Ukraine.

My map on the GO Camper has all the detail you have shown on the MyDrive image which I can see if I zoom into the Map more than you have on the Top Picture. I guess you could be near Liniinyi Provullok.

Doug
  • MalyrexMalyrex Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I checked one more time and found that my Europe map is 1015. At the time of purchasing Ukraine was 65% same as now. Do you mean TOMTOM has added my district this year after my purchasing?
    But after software update I did not find my Europe map on device at all. More than this. After turn off I can not turn on my Rider 40. MyDriveConnect make repairing time after time and device never starts.
    Superuser
    HI @Malyrex

You said originally you had the 10.25 map. If you say it now it is the 10.15 then it looks like they have added it. The streets are there not sure all appear to be named but I assume you were near the place I mentioned based on where the Arrow head was on the picture you included. The map on my Go unit seems to be fairly similar to that on the MyDrive on my PC

If you have lost a map during an update then I assume there was an problem during the update where the map is deleted first then the new map is put in its place. The reason the unit will not restart is the unit needs a map to boot up.

Any chance this helps

https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Doug

• MalyrexMalyrex Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Starts normally without SD card. I took it off, formatted and put back. Device fortunately works. Now I install Europe map on this SD. Strange. I updated Western Europe as it has lifetime updates. I did not do anything with my European card which is on SD card. I will update it to new one, but maybe in 5 years, once TOMTOM finishes with it. Bad thing that update for map costs the same money as new map. Like you never had it before. I think refreshing of the old map must cost much cheaper than new map install on empty device.
    Superuser
    HI @Malyrex

Okay so you have the Western Europe map on the internal memory that is why it boots up okay.

Your only alternative to this situation is putting the Map purchasing monies towards a New unit which then will give you Lifetime World Maps and updates, currently 4 times a years.

Doug