Waiting for a valid GPS signal — TomTom Community

Waiting for a valid GPS signal

Hi,

My sat nav says "Waiting for a valid GPS signal", I have updated the software and maps and the sat nav is fully charged. I have also taken the device outside for a few minutes.

Please can you advise me what to do next.

Thanks, Helen

Best Answers

Answers

• helen2k3333helen2k3333 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

It didn't work, the GPS went on for 5 minutes, but then stopped again and hasn't picked it up in the last 2 hours of trying to deliver.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Helen
  • John14_John14_ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem. It has been waiting for a valid GPS signal for a week now. I tried reset and manually resetting the clock but still waiting for a valid GPS signal. My model is a Go Live 825
  • MironMiron Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited November 2019
    Hello. GPRS disconnected from yesterday. THE ROUTE HAS TRACK. 2 YEARS I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING TOMTOM BECAUSE VERY WAY.
  • BlaahBlaah Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My satnav worked on the fix - only if the car moved the gps was lost. Fix now not available any more. Can a new fix be put up?
  • JaydorJaydor Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a GO 610 and I have tried everything listed including the safe mode option for this very annoying problem of finding the satellites.
    Does anyone know if this could be a hardware problem?.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,754
    Superusers
    edited January 28
    Hi
    @Jaydor

What do you mean by 'Safe mode option'
    Is the battery fully charged on the GO 610

ATB YFM
    Hi
    Safe Mode is when you hold down the Start button until the white text appears and then you press the button three times in quick succession wait util the waiting logo appears going round and round and then and only then plug it in to your computer with Tom Tom My drive and then it will put your unit back to all your original factory setting with the installed maps etc.
    I hope that fully explains how to put your unit in safe Mode?
    to answer your question yes battery is fully charged and constantly plugged into a power supply and is currently on my metal shed roof still trying for a signal.
    Allan
    Hi
    Sorry I should have called it Recovery Mode but the sequence is the same.
    Superusers
    edited January 28
    Hi
    @Jaydor

The Recovery Mode process usually rolls the NavCore App BACK to the previous to last version
    Check you are running the latest NavCore App....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Application Version v18.203

What's new in the latest software for my navigation device?
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited February 15
    Hi
    @Jaydor
    Jaydor wrote: »
    Thanks for the input l wasn't aware the recovery mode just took it back to the previous settings
    Having checked the version as you suggested l am running 17.30018.311.
    When l connect to my drive keeps saying up to date.
    Any thoughts.
    Have you tried Clearing the MyDrive Connect Cache for the GO 610 ???
    The MDC Cache is deleted Manually, the cache does not Auto delete... At 9.13GB for the Full Europe Map... Each download soon mounts up

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings

Also if you don't clear the MyDrive Cache ??? You will only re-install any corrupt Map or data in the Cache again, instead if a Freshly Downloaded data or Installed Map

Or

Option... (2)
    I delete the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in MyDrive Connect Program...

Using the latest MyDrive Connect on the NAV4 Devices like your Tomtom device you can Stop the Download to MyDrive Connect you can't Stop or Clear an Update Queue

But you can Delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders in the MyDrive Connect Program and force a reload of the Cache Data

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnecting the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    (7)…Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect... You will have to login as if MyDrive Connect was a fresh install... And hopefully all should be well

Option... (3) Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it really does help)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Download and install myDrive Connect
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    DO NOT have your Tomtom device connected to your PC while installing MyDrive Connect
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect
    Note... If there is more than one Update, I find it's best to do the updates one at a time

ATB YFM