TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Go 6200 wifi - Did I make a mistake buying this?

Hello peeps!

Just received my Go 6200 today from Amazon and done downloading all the updates and was going through the options to personalize it before installing it inside my car.

My current issues/worries:

1. Why is there no "computer voice" selectable in danish, but only 2 "recorded voices"? I upgraded(or so I thought) from an old TomTom Via 135 unit, which had this option.......my +15 years old Garmin unit even had spoken names directions.....so certainly didn't see this coming as a missing feature.

2. Voice command option disabled because of no available in my language(but still I get to read about all the voice commandos available in my language).....and looking further into this, I guess this is related to same issue as my first question.

3. Missing Speed limit warning option, with selectable speed warning thresholds(give speed warning when between 5 - 20 km/h over speed limit)......as my current old TomTom Via GPS offers.

4. No display of battery power remaining in percentage

All of these things I took for granted, when I finally took the plunge and bought into amazons recent easter offers on new TomTom Go GPS devices........and before even using the device, I now sit here and suddenly find myself thinking.......have I made a bad purcase decision?

I can't seem to find a direct support mail to TomTom so thought I would try and ask in the forums as "auto- suggested" by TomToms support section.

Best Answer

• dhndhn Posts: 33,100 Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Chat only:

Danmark
    Now Chat only
    Chattimerne er angivet nedenfor.
    Mandag - Onsdag: 10:00 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Torsdag: 11:45 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Fredag: 10:00 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Lørdag - Søndag: Lukket

Have them add a Danish computer voice to your account to download using WiFi

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,100 Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Chat only:

Danmark
    Now Chat only
    Chattimerne er angivet nedenfor.
    Mandag - Onsdag: 10:00 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Torsdag: 11:45 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Fredag: 10:00 Formiddag - 01:00 Eftermiddag, 02:00 Eftermiddag - 05:00 Eftermiddag CEST
    Lørdag - Søndag: Lukket

Have them add a Danish computer voice to your account to download using WiFi
  • HansvaneHansvane Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I cannot make a connection between Device 6200 and my iPhone. iPhone says take care go 6200 is reachable and turned on, while it is next to the device
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,985 Superusers
    edited April 26
    Hi
    @Mr_DJ
    (Snip)1. Why is there no "computer voice" selectable in danish, but only 2 "recorded voices"? I upgraded(or so I thought) from an old TomTom Via 135 unit, which had this option.......my +15 years old Garmin unit even had spoken names directions.....so certainly didn't see this coming as a missing feature.

2. Voice command option disabled because of no available in my language(but still I get to read about all the voice commandos available in my language).....and looking further into this, I guess this is related to same issue as my first question
    Danish Computer voice = Ida
    maybe the Site Moderators @VikramK or @lampard will allocate the Ida Voice to your account
    Mr_DJ wrote: »
    3. Missing Speed limit warning option, with selectable speed warning thresholds(give speed warning when between 5 - 20 km/h over speed limit)......as my current old TomTom Via GPS offers
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    Mr_DJ wrote: »
    4. No display of battery power remaining in percentage
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) button... On the Menu Screen top right is a battery status Icon
    Charging... Displays when Connected to a Power supply
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg
    Full Charge... Displays when Connected or Not Connected Power supply
    ebebfcff-7cf3-43d5-9479-ef4b7f2a85ed.jpg
    Half Charge... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    5c45ac4c-1a65-45a0-9b3b-8b88879a94cc.jpg
    Low Battery... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    29b0c6f3-11f1-4d8f-9543-eef314472a31.jpg
    One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat so at a certain percentage of discharge (Unspecified)... The device will go into 'Power Saving Mode' the screen will dull, and the device will eventually turn itself off (Not Sleep)

There is a Battery Status display available on the devices Status Screen
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound Continue to hold the on/off button until the Black & White Status screen is shown.....
    c3623f43-813f-4ddf-9e35-af42824c5331.jpg
    If you are worrying about the device charging, you might consider one of these gadgets
    63a11bd6-9bcb-49ec-b71b-9223d7c334dd.jpg
    Or

b23e2fef-ffbf-4127-80b0-646533d6f987.jpg
    Simply plug the device into the USB socket and plug your lead into the USB Doctor, the device will display the Voltage and Power being used by your various USB devices
    I have one of each type they're only peanuts to buy, search Amazon/eBay for USB Doctor

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'