Add purchased voice to TomTom Go 620 wifi — TomTom Community

Add purchased voice to TomTom Go 620 wifi

When I connect my device to MyDrive Connect it does not appear, rather I get a message on how to update using wifi. Will this process load any purchased voices? The instructions for purchased voices say to use MyDrive Connect, but I'm stymied there as my device won't show up.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,171 Superuser
    edited April 27
    Hi @ddojmo_un19

If you have purchased a voice and it has been allocated to your account for the GO620 then you should see that you have an update when you turn it on in the same way as you are advised of Map Updates.

You then download the updates , it is recommended that you download updates one at a time not all together. If you have a software update do that first followed by any Map update then a Voice. On completion of the updates do a Soft Reset, ie hold down the ON/OFF button until you hear the drumroll sound.

If you do not get a Voice addition offered within 48 hours then contact customer support to get them to sort the account out.

Doug
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,139 Superusers
    All french language people hope to have ( and wait from the beginning of the sales) computer female voice ( Virginie and Julie) for nav5 ( WiFi device.

Some news?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,143 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @ddojmo_un19

Could you send me the serial number of your GO 620 WiFi device through a private message please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • ddojmo_un19ddojmo_un19 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi VikramK

I don't see a link to send you a private message.

How do I do this?

Also, it occurred to me that I had not registered my new device.

When I attempt to go to tomtom.com/getstarted, I'm taken to a UK, not US site, and a "can't reach this page" message.

My account shows one TomTom registered as a TomTom Go 1005, but the serial number associated is for my GO 2535 WTE.

Note, I also have two older TomToms that do not look to be associated with my account.

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @ddojmo_un19

Could you send me the serial number of your GO 620 WiFi device through a private message please?

Regards
    Vikram

Thanks all. My cloud was grey. I was getting map updates OK.

Reset my device and now all is well. Purchased voice is now on my device.

Click on @VikramK here and then you will see an Option to Message Vikram top right in his Profile.

Have you set the GO620 wifi up and included your account details in it and when you Tap Menu is the Cloud image top Right Bold or Greyish..

Does the following website help you .

https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mydrive-connect/

Re trying to get the US version of the Getstarted webpage try changing the UK in the webpage address to US.

Doug[/quote]

Also, new TomTom is showing now under my account.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,171 Superuser
    Hi @ddojmo_un19

Glad you are up and running okay.

Doug