The App refuses to scan the QR code... — TomTom Community

The App refuses to scan the QR code...

AutoZenAutoZen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi all,
just got me a new TomTOm GO 620 device. Connecting with my Sony Xperia failed, because the MyDrive App does not recognise the QR code. What can I do?

Best Answer

Answers

• AutoZenAutoZen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi DougLap,
    thanks for your quick answer!
    Currently i am updating my GO, it's now on 14%. After that I will first connect through bluetooth, to have at least the basic functions. When that will be up and running, I will retry scanning the code.
    Get back to you later! :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,964
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034286/get-data-hands-free-calls-and-smartphone-messages-using-your-android-phone-and-mydrive-app

Does this help. I don't think the code is essential as you can download the MyDrive App from your App Store. .

Doug
  • AutoZenAutoZen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Will have to try this one tomorrow, updating is now at 19%...
    I'm glad anyway that I "found" this forum. B)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,964
    Superuser
    Hi @AutoZen

I imagine if you are just getting going that you may have selected all the updates to be done.

Leave things going on this occasion but in future when you have more than one update to do then do them one at a time and if one is a Software update do that first.

When you have finished each update with the unit on and working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then release the button and it will boot up again. This just tidies things up.

Doug
  • RichardA1RichardA1 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Had the same problem; my phone just couldn't get a sharp reading of the QR code. I made a picture of it, sent it by mail to my computer and on that screen my phone (and thus my drive) could read the code. You really need it if you want to use traffic services....
  • Personal_JesusPersonal_Jesus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem, unable to get a clear focus on the qr code, Tried reading the manual for help with no joy. I will have to see if my sons have more joy than me :'( .
  • NEwUSER5__NEwUSER5__ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just purchased today, got long journey. App refuses to open camera to scan QR CODE.

Currently updating 23%

So close to returning to Argos, way too much faffing about.