Delete and unlink old device from TomTom home? — TomTom Community

Delete and unlink old device from TomTom home?

I've just purchased a new device and wondered how to unlink and delete my old device from tom tom home? also does the new device (Go basic) use TomTom home at all or is it just mydrive now?

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    MyDriveConnect for the Go basic.
  • GellerbingGellerbing Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks.

Anyone know how to delete and unlink from account? I'm selling it so it's important i do this
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,727
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    HI @Gellerbing
    If you are selling the unit then

Tap Settings
    Tap Factory Reset.

Do a full reset

This deletes all your Data although maps and software are not affected and the new owners can add the unit to their account.

Doug
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi all

@Gellerbing

To delete your old TomTom device used with the TomTom Home software, the TomTom XL in your user profile, contact TomTom Customer Service:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

- - - - - - -

For your GO Basic, it's a Wifi device for your updates you have 2 possibilities:

- directly with Wifi without using your computer. TomTom recommend a minimum of 30 Mbps for Wifi.
    or
    - with your computer only for the internet connection by installing before the software MyDrive Connect (MDC).

In both solutions, all the management and the launching of the updates are done in the device
    ==> Main Menu 4Dots..../Settings/Updates and New Items

To connect to your TomTom account and register your new device, it's also in your device.
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots....)/Settings/My Drive/ your email and passworld

For updates, don't do them all at the same time. The NaVCore first alone, then the map alone, then the speed cameras, etc...
    During the download if you use Wifi, connect your device to a power source, a main charger (2A smartphone) or a PC only for power (with MDC not active)

For more information see this FAQ and video:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22781
    And
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/4722

Regards.
  • frankie346frankie346 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    my old device was stolen! how do I delete it?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,727
    Superuser
    Hi @frankie346

What model was it.

Doug