Warning scam TomTom services website! — TomTom Community

Warning scam TomTom services website!

CrystalbarnCrystalbarn Posts: 62 [Legendary Explorer]
Warning there’s a TomTom services scam website with a premium rate phone number taking advantage of the swaths of customers effected by TomTom nav device issues....
https://www.gpssupportservices.co.uk/tomtom-support.html

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,174 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks @Crystalbarn

I will forward this..

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,174 Moderator
    Hi @Tomato1

Thanks for the heads up!

I have moved your comment to a topic where this was reported earlier as well.

I will forward your finding to the team.

Regards
    Vikram
  • kaybeekaybee Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi am in New Zealand am unable to update 2 devices. Scammers TomTom XXL and a TomTom Start
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,639
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @kaybee
    Welcome to the site....
    The Tomtom NAV2 XXL Uses TomtomHome for updates....
    The Tomtom Smart (Model Name/Number would be helpful ???) Early NAV2 Start Models use TomtomHome...
    The Later NAV3 Start Models use MyDrive Connect....

Are the devices showing any error messages ???

ATB YFM
  • jetjemjetjem Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I recently changed computers so needed to reload MyTomTom so I typed in MyTomtom and this came up at the top of the list----Lifetime Map Update - Download Latest Map Update Now
    https://www.gmapupdate.com/map/update
    I assumed it was TomTom and carried on. VERY quickly I was persistently offered assistance and asked if I was looking for an update. I was told MYdrive no longer existed and if I had not updated for more than 3 months I would need technical assistance. I was then contacted and agreed to allow them to show me where the problem was. Alarm bells were ringing and when I was asked to pay £3 to fix the problem I shut everything down. I had not long loaded TotalAV antivirus which had given the website a green light! Has anyone else had this problem?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,231
    Superuser
    Hi @jetjem

Which browser did you use to type in the My Tomtom search as I am not getting them up on my PC. They are a scam site and if you look at the bottom of their webpage they say they have no connection with any GPS company. Also whilst they display a Tomtom unit on the page they do not mention any GPS supplier.

I have flagged the link to @Luca at Tomtom so he can see what you have experienced. The browser details would be helpful.

Doug
  • micky69micky69 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had total av on my computer and my computer started to go slow then it was going that slow and it was checking all the url and was not letting me log in so i looked at it and decided to uninstall it I kept trying until it uninstalled but it took me a whole day to uninstall it as it was not letting me
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,639
    Superusers
    edited January 2
    Hi
    @micky69
    Welcome to the site....

Are you saying you visited a 'Scam Tomtom Website' and the scammers installed a AV Program called Total AV On your PC ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM