VIA 1505M: No maps after update! Please help!! — TomTom Community

VIA 1505M: No maps after update! Please help!!

EdNerdEdNerd Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
So I plugged my VIA 1505M into my computer to update the map. I have the Lifetime map. After running for almost 2 hours, it says "Something went wrong!" -- and now there's no maps!! I've reconnected several times, waiting over an hour each time. I found an online post about holding the power button until it reaches the Reset screen, but it's not reset at all. The maps should be loaded onto an SD card.

Is there a way to reset this to "out of the box" condition? Or is there an easy repair solution? (You'd think that as many times as this has been asked, TomTom would have an easy fix!!)

Or ... is it possible ToimTom decided this device has reached the end of its "lifetime" and no longer supports this device?? How would I find out??

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,084 Moderator
    Hi @EdNerd

I've made some changes in the back-end on your device to resume the download on your device and to apply these changes, follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect device from computer.
    • Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Quit MD Connect application.
    • Click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar> Settings>Downloads>Click 'Empty Download Folder'( If it's grayed out, just click on Save settings)
    • Open MyDrive connect.When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer.
    • On MyDrive Connect in right bottom corner, it will says ‘updating’. (Ignore if it doesn't)
    • Once complete then Check for the updates.please update these 1 at a time, not all together. Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
      QuickGPSfix / Navcore
      Map
      Speed Cameras
      Voices
      Mapshare update (recommended to update last)

Thanks, lampard
  • EdNerdEdNerd Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard:

-- With my device disconnected from my computer, I restarted my TomTom, and I deleted and reloaded MyDrive Connect.
    -- I held the power button down until I saw the device info display, and then it restarted to show "No maps installed"
    -- I started MyDrive Connect and checked Settings>Downloads: 'Empty Download Folder' was greyed out so I clicked Save Settings.
    -- MyDrive Connect showed 2 available downloads: a GPS fix and a map.
    -- As soon as I connected my device, the screen changed to Downloading Items: Getting Ready. I did NOT see "Updating" in the corner.
    -- MyDrive Connect hung on this "Getting ready" screen for an hour!!

Thank you for your assistance - but I am done with this!

"No Maps" is a persistent error that has cropped up across many devices over several years on various internet forums. And TomTom apparently doesn't care enough about its products or its customers to craft a fix!! I just purchased a new TomTom and was going to pass this one along -- well, this one's going in the trash bin, and I'm holding my breath on the new one!

Again, I appreciate your time and efforts.
  • NostroNostro Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    edited July 2019
    Tomtom is a disgusting "company". They should pay BILLIONS of dollars to the us government for the use of satellites
  • johnnycastleseedjohnnycastleseed Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    agreed. just trying to get info from them is a chore. and never gets taken care of. downloads dont work. updates are impossible.