Issue: Just keeps spinning now for weeks of trying to use "waiting for a valid GPS Signal"???? — TomTom Community

Issue: Just keeps spinning now for weeks of trying to use "waiting for a valid GPS Signal"????

Any suggestions, since TomTom not offering any support or ability to ask them a question?.

Answers

• LsinghLsingh Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    i have the same problem, i have updated my tom tom and the GPS is still not working! Did you get a response from tom tom?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @ronjohn4

Try a soft Reset. With the unit on and working hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until the Drumroll sound. Then go outside away from buildings and create a route on the unit and then see if the unit then locks on. It may take as much as 30 minutes for the first time.

If that does not resolve the issue then go to settings and do a Factory Restore. Then set the route etc and go outside away form buildings.

If you get offered a Partial reset then accept that .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    @ronjohn4

I have asked our 2nd Line to push the latest firmware update v12.075 for your device.

Please download it first using MyDrive Connect and then follow the advice by Doug above.

@Lsingh

You already have the v12.075 installed so make sure you take the device out. Under clear sky do a soft reset and check for a GPS signal.

Regards
    Vikram :)