No maps and the device will not read the card — TomTom Community

No maps and the device will not read the card

I have the navigator without a map, deleted by mydrive connect in doing the update, not having enough memory both in the device and in the card, I replaced the card but now it does not read the card and I have no map, I had a map of Europe as I recover all who can help has solve?

Best Answer

Answers

• ricklarsenricklarsen Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a Go 500. During a map update it said I should insert a memory card to allow for the full map download. I did. The device asked me to format the card. I did. During the download process, it stopped. On the second attempt, the device no longer recognized the memory card and now the device is stuck in a perpetual loop of asking me to insert a memory card. I do and nothing happens, then the message comes back. I cannot even get to my menu to select a factory reset. Help!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,516
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @ricklarsen

The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... The Map is installed on one or the other
    The latest Full Europe Map is 8.9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless
    A 16GB or 32GB (Max) is required

If required maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account

The Map size exceeding the on-board Memory size is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
  • FrancescotommitommiFrancescotommitommi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 2019
    Ok thanks problem solved thanks to Vikramk gave me the chance to download the French map, restarted the browser has recognized the 16gb memory card and so I installed the map europe. Thank you all