Purchased Maps of UK & Republic of Ireland — TomTom Community

Purchased Maps of UK & Republic of Ireland

Packerjohn1Packerjohn1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited April 2019 in Map installation
I live in Canada. Just paid for & downloaded the map of UK & Republic of Ireland. However, I cannot find the maps anywhere on my GPS nor my computer. The GPS says that I have both the maps of North America & UK & Republic of Ireland but where are they? Will they appear, like magic, when I land in the UK? This is so frustrating. Please help as my wife & I leave for UK in 3 days.

Best Answer

Answers

• Packerjohn1Packerjohn1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    By the way, the amount of memory of my GPS has not changed after the download so I am guessing that it is not in the GPS. Please help!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    @Packerjohn1

I'd STRONGLY agree with @DougLap that you get a 16 gb microsdhc card for your device (SanDisk is a good choice). Then connect the device to MyDriveConnbect and go to the 'Content' tab. Your purchased map should be listed with a button to 'install'.
  • Packerjohn1Packerjohn1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks to both of you guys. I have a 32 GB micro card installed. I have connected to "MyDrive & it says that the maps have been installed. It used only 452 mb. However, please advise how I can find the maps on my GPS. Do I have to fly over to the UK to see it. Maybe, the maps will not work here in Canada. Gee, this is confusing. We will be in the UK for 2 months with 4 car rentals. Sure wish I could sleep without this worry. Thanks for any help from anyone on this mess!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,160
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Packerjohn1

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Change Map
    Select UK map

You can now create and save routes and favourites for future use.

By the way Traffic will not work in UK as Traffic is restricted to the Area within which the unit is purchased. Ie if I came to Canada Traffic would not work for me.

Doug