How to share a MyDrive route with another user — TomTom Community

How to share a MyDrive route with another user

grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
Hello, I have created a route in the MyDrive desktop app (which now avoids Motorways - brilliant, thank you!) to use with my GO app on my android phone. I check the sync with other devices and it miraculously appears so I am able to use it, but I wonder how my friends can open/sync the same route on the GO apps without me publishing them? It is a group trip! Please help if you can. Many thanks.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,982
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @grof

If you open MyDrive and click on the MyRoutes option and select the route you wish to share you will see at the bottom right a Share Route option. If you click on that you can save the route as a .GPX file and send it to your group via email etc. You can also share by clicking on the Facebook , Twitter , Email or Clipboard icons and use those. You may wish to check how that works.

This video may help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1037878/sharing-your-routes-with-friends-and-on-tomtom-road-trips

Doug
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi Doug, yes I've worked out how to 'share' it, but not how they can use/load it. How do they load it into their GO app? Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,982
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @grof

If they go into MyDrive on their PC and log in then select MyRoutes they then have an option to import a GPX file. Once they have done that and checked the option for it to Sync to their Units then they will have it in MyRoutes on their TT units.

You have the same option on your account to import .GPX files created on various sources.

Doug
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Great, thanks Doug!