I bought a GO520 online in Australia for use in Europe with wrong maps installed

Taffy6984
Taffy6984 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Tom Tom offered me a special deal to up grade to GO520 from Old XL.
I purchase the offer SPECIFICALLY for use in Europe but it arrived with Oceania and Asia Pacific already installed. Can I exchange Asia Pacific for Western Europe as there is not enough space to load Western Europe? Also I have Europe installed on my XL, does anyone know if it is transferable to a GO520 or does this mean I am forced to buy a card and to purchase the Europe Map?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Taffy6984
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks
    Online customer support guided me through the required set up and I am OK to go to Europe. A great service !

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,710
    edited April 2019
    Hi Taffy6984

Welcome to the community!

Your GO 520 WiFi comes with World lifetime maps so you don't have to purchase the map of Europe.

You only have to add the map of Europe!

It comes with an internal memory fo 16 GB so it can easily accommodate both Australia and Europe map.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Taffy6984
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks
    Online customer support guided me through the required set up and I am OK to go to Europe. A great service !
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @Taffy6984

As you have bought the unit in Australia then Traffic will not work in the Europe. Traffic on all units is limited to the area within which the Unit is purchased.

If you are really only going to use the unit in Europe and don't need traffic in Australia then Contact Customer Support and see if they would be prepared to change the account settings to enable Traffic in Europe. You can only ask.

Customer support Numbers below.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug